PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers For Those in The Path of Katrina

linda040899
08-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Please remember those folks who live in along the Gulf in the Southeastern part of the US, particularly Louisiana. It looks like Katrina will make landfall in line with New Orleans and those folks need our prayers right now. My husband's family is from an area just outside New Orleans and they have already evacuated to higher grounds. I saw the devestation after Andrew firsthand and it's not something I ever want to see again.

Janie
08-28-2005, 07:07 PM
This one is going to be just terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with all those who will feel the effects.

shylevon
08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
I only heard about the hurricane a couple of hours ago and my thoughts and prayers went out to everyone then. I do hope all goes well for everyone and that the storm weakens before it hits land.

bellarains
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
This one looks like it's going to be really bad. I am so glad that they made it mandatory evacutation. I know it's hard to leave your home when you know there may be nothing to come back to, and some people will stay and ride it out if given the choice. I will pray that Katrina looses some of her wrath before hitting land.

Buy A Paper Doll
08-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I saw video of hundreds of people standing in line in the street, with their stuff in suitcases and garbage bags, waiting to be evacuated. What amazed me was how calm all of those people were. They were just standing there patiently, waiting. It could have easily been a mob scene.

kimsbirds
08-28-2005, 07:55 PM
New Orleans Braces for Powerful Katrina (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050828/ap_on_re_us/hurricane_katrina_30;_ylt=AjJbJLA9nZQ7Jhr.QCluiEAb LisB;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl)

AP - 1 hour, 18 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - Monstrous Hurricane Katrina barreled toward the Big Easy on Sunday with 175-mph wind and a threat of a 28-foot storm surge, forcing a mandatory evacuation, a last-ditch Superdome shelter and prayers for those left to face the doomsday scenario this below-sea-level city has long dreaded.

OMG Can you just imagine a 28 foot WAVE?????

This all seems surreal....could it all just be a terrible nightmare??

We all need to follow Linda's lead here and PRAY HARD !!!

I'll be glued to my tv tonight....

linda040899
08-28-2005, 08:14 PM
The biggest problem in New Orleans is that the city is below sea level to start. Combine that with 28 ft storm surge and it has the possibility of being worse than Andrew, although they think Andrew was packing winds in excess of 190 mph when it hit southern FL. It's terrifying just to think about it.

Jim spoke to his sister earlier today and they evacuated inland about 300 miles. Hopefully, his family will be safe.

BarbieH
08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
I've been watching this minute by minute. The dome seems okay, although the roof has been leaking. Still keeping fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for those folks who couldn't afford to leave any of the hard-hit areas.

Paulette
08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Prayers for all those in the path of this storm.

cassysmiley
09-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I have been watching our news here in U.K.

Linda and all the others
My heart and Prayers go out to you all
Thinking of you all Always.
Love
Cassy. :grouphug1

butterfly1061
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I spent part of my day yesterday at a church in my county helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina. It was heart wrenching :cry: . The people we were able to help were able to drive out of the area and somewhere to safety, but had nothing. They are either staying with relatives (who need help feeding everyone in their house) or at a hotel they can afford, which isn't much. We were able to supply them with medical attention, food, clothing, gas money, school registration, etc... As a community we did this on our own as the Red Cross didn't have enough people to go to every facility in the Atlanta area. Volunteers are hard to come by so if you are in an area that has a relief effort, please try and volunteer at least a few hours. I plan on returning next weekend. I'm amazed at the out pour of support from everyone. It's wonderful to see God working through others in this way. :happy: :happy:

Janie
09-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Jackie, good for you!!!! :) My neighbor just told me today that we also have a church in our area that is doing this and we're going tomorrow to see what they need. I'm sure it will be a lot of things. People want to help so much, hands on, when they can. While we did make a donation to the Red Cross, we want to do so much more. Glad to hear that you were able to help out! I know it was greatly appreciated. :grouphug1