PDA

View Full Version : Bird rescues.

Mummieeva
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Ok I have a question. As many of you know when I got Baggy and Kiowa they lady made a comment that there are not many bird rescues in my area.Does anyone here know anyone who runs a rescue? I have a few question like what licenses you need to have one. One day when funds allow I would like to do this. Yes me who worried about lovie bites..lol. Thank you.

Steph

Rubygem
08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Steph,

You need to contact State of Georgia's Department of Agriculture and ask them. 404-656-3667 More than likely you will have to get a bird dealer license, as that is required here in the state of Georgia, when you are dealing with multiple birds. They can let you know if you need any special permits and such as they are the ones that make the rules...LOL. Be ready for a home inspection. ;) I don't know what the laws are in WI, but I'm sure we have different laws here, as we already have the inspections, and needing a license, and having to keep all the records of every bird that comes across our door steps or leaves out the doors..even if only for a couple of hours. :x
This is the same laws that AFA is trying to stop the federal Government into passing...which I agree with the AFA, and that the decission belongs with the States not with the Federal Government...but that's for another time.. :whistle:

Rubygem

Rubygem
08-29-2005, 04:44 PM
steph,

If you are serious about this, give me a call, my number is on my website. Because I get calls for rescueing birds from time to time, and I just don't want to put my flock at risk. I need some foster, rescue homes, that I can contact when a call comes in...

Rubygem