PDA

View Full Version : Big Surprise when I got home

bird-brain
02-25-2010, 09:20 PM
You may remember that I had to go out of town for a couple of weeks due to illness in my family and had to leave hubby and the teens in charge of my fids. Firstly, we sure know who's bird Cabo is. It's not that he dislikes the rest of the family, he just doesn't like being handled by them. He was mopey and quiet and did not bathe while I was away. I decided to surprise my family and came home today knowing everyone would be out and I would have some quiet time to play with my fids and rest from my 10 hour drive. I came inside to a beautiful, happy symphony of lovie chirps and chatter from my lil Cabo. I went right to him and gave him some nutri berry and was telling him how much I missed him when suddenly someone behind me in a house that should have been vacant of human inhabitants said "what ya doin?" and then burst into what sounded like a little girl giggling. Then I heard 3 different types of kissing sounds and "oh good girl! Good kisses, thank you!" My blue crown apparently learned to talk while I was away....!:clap
Then she looked at me and said "thank you" 10 times before I realized I was supposed to give her a treat. I was a little shocked that she has started talking after just being here 3 weeks. She likes to laugh and seems to understand that laughing means happy because anytime you do anything she likes (like change her food, give a new toy) she laughs without being prompted. I only wish that my family had TOLD me she was talking and that I could get back the 10 years of life she scared out of me...........

Pips mom
02-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Awwww, I'm glad all went so well while you were away!