PDA

View Full Version : Costco Harmonics laminate flooring

CompassionAk
03-29-2010, 05:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here has Costco Harmonics laminate flooring and if you use a steam mop on it? If you don't use a steam mop what do you use? The new apartment I am moving into next month has this type of flooring and I'm just wondering what cleaning methods everyone uses.

thebubbleking
03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
For my units with that flooring if they have pets i uses a wet jet swiffer filled with gse

CompassionAk
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Oh cool idea! I have been dreaming about a steam mop but if that's not a good idea to use on the floors the swifter idea sounds great.

CompassionAk
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know if this is safe to use around the birds? http://store.mybonahome.com/StoneTileLaminateFloorCleaners.aspx Also I noticed there is a new Marth Stewart line of all natural products at Home Depot and wondering if those might be safe? I sent an inquiry to the companies and waiting to hear back,but maybe someone here already knows?

CompassionAk
03-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I just heard back from Bona and this is what they had to say:

Our cleaners are pH balanced so they will not dull your finish, non-toxic - so they are safe for children, pets, and the environment, and leave no dulling or sticky residue. You don't need a bucket to mix it or rinse it off. It's ready to use. You can actually clean a mirror with our cleaners and it will come out sparkling clean. They are also GREENGUARD Certified for indoor air quality. There is very little odor to our cleaners so they are great products for anyone (or pets) with asthma or allergies.

Our new spray mop is a great tool for keeping your floors looking great. Please go to our website at www.MyBonaHome.com (http://www.MyBonaHome.com) and check out our products.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thank your for buying Bona Floor Care Products. We appreciate your business.

Sounds like it should be ok right? When I opened the bottle at the store I could barely notice any fragrance. I swear having birds has made me so paranoid about buying things,but they are worth it! Plus I no longer use stinky chemicals to clean and I can tell a huge difference in how I feel after I get done cleaning. It's nice to see the same results with natural products and feel good when I am done cleaning instead of feeling like I have Pinesol oozing out my pores,trouble breathing and nauseous.