PDA

View Full Version : New addition - Chicken Little

momo
04-11-2010, 04:17 AM
After a long deliberation in regards to getting a new lovie after the passing of Spotty. We have decided to bring home another addition. I know that Elmo misses the company.

She's acting all tough right now but I know she will calm down as she did witg Spotty.

Chicken Little is just a normal Fischer. He seems quite small. They didn't know how old he is, he was an aviary bird. I find it's easier to tame down aviary
bird. I realised I actually enjoy the process.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=415500&id=862890456&l=088dbc5f15

linda040899
04-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Congratulations on Chicken Little (love the name!) and kudos to you for being willing to take an aviary bird! It can take a while to tame one but it's not mission impossible.

Fischer's are a smaller species and males are the smaller of the two genders. I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventures of Chicken Little! :)

momo
04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
It sounds strange, but I feel more inclined towards aviary birds than hand raised birds. I feel as if it's easier to tame them. Elmo "was" hand raised but then she didn't have the time spent with her and she reverted back and she is one tough cookie.

He's settling in quite good. We got him standing on our hands getting scritches, unfortunately though to get him there we have to scoop him up but it's getting better about this. I'm trying to teach him he can step up on my hand or arm. But it's all day one anyways. He's a big scritcher. Once you start giving him scritches, he's just a feather ball in your hand which I thought was quite amazing considering he's an aviary bird.

NickyBeth
04-11-2010, 07:54 AM
What a cute beeb!! My last bird looked exactly identical to that one, he was so nice and tender with my kids too!!

momo
04-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Ooo I hope it's a Fischer thing being tender becoz elmo PF is not
the best ambassador for lovebirds in general hahahahah

bbslovie
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi, I think Chicken Little is adorable! Congrats on your new babe!

Barb :D

Pips mom
04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Congrats on the new addition! I hope that Elmo likes him! How is Wally doing???

donna1064
04-11-2010, 01:03 PM
congrats on the new addition!

I agree that aviary birds are easier to tame. Hand fed birds can be actually just that- hand fed and nothing more. so they aren't socialized and they aren't afraid of hands either which can make taming a challenge.

my hen, Baby was hand fed but not tame. It took a few months to get her to come around but she can still lay in a nasty bite if she wants to.

Kiwi, her husband, was an aviary bird, and I had him socialized within a week. :confused:

They have 5 fids in the nestbox right now and we are letting the parents feed them but we are handling them. The babies love to get scritches and climb into my shirt.

Good luck with Chicken Little!

bookworm0550
04-11-2010, 01:21 PM
congrats. he's a cute little guy.

michael
04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
...... They didn't know how old he is, he was an aviary bird. I find it's easier to tame down aviary
bird. I realised I actually enjoy the process....

Hello Chicken Little!.....:).....I've always a passion for Fischers...Then again...I think I have a passion for all the different species! ...Those eye rings.....:blush: ......Speaking of aviary birds, our Goofy lovebird came from an aviary. ..And a rather questionable one at that. ..Although a bit flighty bitey at first, by a couple years he was like putty in your hands. .. As for the taming part, it really was an enjoyable process. ......Best wishes for Elmo and Chicken Little!.....:)

momo
04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks all. I can't wait to see how chicken little settles in.

Wally, my galah, llives at my partners house, we split our time btw the both. It just felt right that he stay there. His folks are in love with him and Wally is in love with my partners dad. He will run across everyone to get to him.

Eliza
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Isn't he precious!?!? Love those Fischer's lovebirds :)

Best wishes!