PDA

View Full Version : The Madness continues...

mjm8321
09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, here I am at work (can't you tell I'm working hard since I'm here on the board?) and I'm being watched by a 3½ week old lovebird. Yep, that's right, he had to come to work with me today and he seems to like the change of scenery. Bald still, as he was the runt and last hatched of a clutch of six, but a sweetie pie and has lots of personality already.
The madness, is my friend just called me to let me know she is coming over this weekend, with her Gold Cap Conure for us. That's right, I need another bird, like a hole in the head, but what's one more when you have 44 birds in the house? :rofl: She's the friend that already brought us her three Cockatiels and a Senegal parrot. So now we'll have 5 of the 8 she had and if things change more in her current situation, we'll have a U2, CAG and a Grey Cheeked Parakeet too.
I better get back to work, got lots of mouths too feed. :lol

Janie
09-01-2005, 12:09 PM
MJ!!!!! Speaking of mouths.....mine fell wide open when I read that! :D

Can I come live with you? What's one more human and 3 more birds, right? I'll bet it's a blast in your house and the noise level would suite me fine! :lol

mjm8321
09-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Of course you can come live with us Janie! Only problem is the spare bedroom now belongs to the birds, so you'd have to sleep on the couch. ;)

LauraO
09-01-2005, 12:39 PM
MJ: That's ALOT of big parrots. Pretty soon your going to hire extra hands to come over and clean water dishes and give birdy kisses :wink:

I've pondered scaling down my flock but when I mention this to my husband he tells me we already tried that and we still have more than we did before :eek:. Now all I think about is getting another bigger parrot as Cookie is such a BLAST :D

mjm8321
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Laura,
The only one I'd really consider a larger parrot is Ripley, the Senegal and that is simply because of the size and strength of his beak; he's not really very big. It's funny though, now that people know that are birds are well taken care of, they are wanting us to take more and more birds. A neighbor wants us to take her CAG and a Sun Conure that likes to say "F*** You". I said no, simply because I have other birds that talk in the house and the last thing I'd need is a housefull of parrots telling each other and us "F*** You".
It's actually a lot of fun with the "big crew" of birds; though most of the chicks (14 of them) will be sold.

Z28Taxman
09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Laura,
The only one I'd really consider a larger parrot is Ripley, the Senegal and that is simply because of the size and strength of his beak; he's not really very big. It's funny though, now that people know that are birds are well taken care of, they are wanting us to take more and more birds. A neighbor wants us to take her CAG and a Sun Conure that likes to say "F*** You". I said no, simply because I have other birds that talk in the house and the last thing I'd need is a housefull of parrots telling each other and us "F*** You".
It's actually a lot of fun with the "big crew" of birds; though most of the chicks (14 of them) will be sold.

Oooo, a sun conure! Too bad it's a potty mouth. It would be just my luck, that would be the one thing ditto would decide to say.

Sparkette65
09-01-2005, 02:32 PM
MJ, sent you a PM.,
I would LOVE to take in your neighbors CAG.. :happy: ...and you are coming to Providence in Sept.....(and to visit my lovie babies....oh, and meet me) anyway....I already have a cage and stuff for him...if you could see to bringing him my way....I would be ever sooooooooo greatful!!
Let me know what you think *on our knee's begging* :wink:
waiting to hear from you
Lori

Z28Taxman
09-01-2005, 02:34 PM
MJ, sent you a PM.,
I would LOVE to take in your neighbors CAG.. :happy: ...and you are coming to Providence in Sept.....(and to visit my lovie babies....oh, and meet me) anyway....I already have a cage and stuff for him...if you could see to bringing him my way....I would be ever sooooooooo greatful!!
Let me know what you think *on our knee's begging* :wink:
waiting to hear from you
Lori

And if the CAG can't make it all the way to Providence, my house is on the way. :whistle:

Sparkette65
09-01-2005, 02:38 PM
HEY YOU....you can have the sun conure....
I really reallly realllllllly want a CAG,,,,,

I GOT DIBS....(if its at all possible that is!!!) on the CAG that is.... :rofl:

Beside's .... I thought ditto wouldn't let you have another birdie!! whats up with that...did you give him extra scritches and some extra snow peas in a "bribe" form!! :rofl:

Lori

Z28Taxman
09-01-2005, 02:40 PM
HEY YOU....you can have the sun conure....
I really reallly realllllllly want a CAG,,,,,

I GOT DIBS....(if its at all possible that is!!!) on the CAG that is.... :rofl:

Beside's .... I thought ditto wouldn't let you have another birdie!! whats up with that...did you give him extra scritches and some extra snow peas in a "bribe" form!! :rofl:

Lori

Shhhhh. He doesn't know yet. You're gonna get me in trouble. :rofl:

Sparkette65
09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
thats what Im tryin' ta do!!! That way ditto will tell you no and you will have to give him special things to make up for trying to betray him with another birdie..... :rofl:

Look out...if you dont start to behave round there,,,ditto is gonna ground you from your puter too.....he telled me dat in a PM he sended to me.....
*snicker..snicker*

Be a good birdy daddy now.....oh...and good luck changing his mind about the other birdy! :happy:

if ditto sends me another PM , I will try to let you know about it,,,but man if he catches me...im in t-r-o-u-b-l-e!!! "he's scary when he's mad at you!!"
:rofl:
Lori

Meliandmoe
09-01-2005, 03:46 PM
hmmm... I could use a sun conure.....especially one with such a tainted vocabulary... I could have him answer the phone when my ex- husband calls to talk to the kids....after he is late with his child support payments.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Janie
09-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Put me on that list.....I would LOVE to have a bird who'd say that! Best part, I could tell 'em that *I* didn't teach it to him! :D I don't have a friend who would believe that! :lol

Meliandmoe
09-01-2005, 03:56 PM
* thinking Gosh I feel like an idiot * But Ummm.... what's a CAG??? :lol

Janie
09-01-2005, 04:09 PM
HA! No more of an idiot than I thought I was when I read about a U2 (Umbrella Cockatoo) the first time! It's an African Grey but I can't remember what the "C" stands for. Linda has a TAG and the "T" is for Timneh. OH, I just found it.....In Bird Talk Magazine....the "C" is for Congo so it's a Congo African Grey. :D

LauraO
09-01-2005, 04:41 PM
CAG= Congo African Grey :D

Meliandmoe
09-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Ohhh Ok ... Ummmm... Now I feel like a real BIG idiot.... cus my mom has one of those..... Gabby... is his name cus he never shuts up ..... My mom taught him this lil poem .... " lil birdie in a tree , wont you come sit next to me.... I'll feed you seeds and crumbs of bread .... and then I'll smash your lil head ... " And he says it ... Goodness... He also says..." Siemper Fi Jar Head" ( my dad was a marine ....lol) he has quite the personality ...every time he sees me he spits his regurgitated food at me ...lovely.... :rofl:

Paulette
09-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Oh....MJ, what's a couple more birds?....can't blame you for not taking the one that says F*** You, sure would be a hit with all the teenagers that are speaking that language though......sounds like you have a full house....and lots of birdie fun.

Z28Taxman
09-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Oh....MJ, what's a couple more birds?....can't blame you for not taking the one that says F*** You, sure would be a hit with all the teenagers that are speaking that language though......sounds like you have a full house....and lots of birdie fun.

Yeah, even though I'd love to have a sun conure, I'd have to pass on that one. My little nieces love to come over and visit Ditto and I don't think my sister would like it very much if the new bird was a potty mouth.