PDA

View Full Version : Question about my lovie

Eggiya'sUmma
04-22-2010, 11:33 AM
I have a question about my eggiya. Tuesday night I left to go somewhere after putting her to sleep. I knew I was not going to be home till the next evening so I asked my room mate to feed her and give her water the next day. My room mate did as asked and eggiya was well provided for. However when I came home Eggiya went wild. The second I walked in she chirped for a good 45 mins straight. I then changed her water and gave her some sprouts. She was still chirping for a while after that. I also tried taking her out of the cage but she was not having it. I did hold her for a while but she was very cranky. My question is, Is it normal for lovies to make lots of noise when you come home after a long day or when you leave the room? She usually just chirps a lot when I leave the room. I call back to her telling her i'm still here. Does this happen to anyone else? I've had her for almost three weeks now. I don't know her exact age but the breeder said she had just stopped hand feeding when I bought her. Is this a baby thing or just something normal?

bird-brain
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes. :) Sounds like she missed you and was happy to see you return and perhaps punished you a little for leaving her. My birds do this any time I am gone for a longer time during the day.

CompassionAk
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Think of it as a compliment that she missed you so much and is so happy to see you she can't contain herself!

Pips mom
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
It's funny to see this post because Rudy always goes crazy chirping endlessly every night when I come home from work.....he's doing it right now! He gets all excited and flaps and flaps....I let him out and he sits on the curtain rods chirping loudly for a good half hour until he runs out of steam I guess! Pip was never like this, it's funny seeing the differences in them!

Enko_chan
04-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah, my birds do this when I'm even away for an hour! They hear our car in the drive and we can hear them the moment we pull in. The closer we get, the more excited they become.

I work at home and when I go to class or out of errands or for a doctors appointment... they think the world is coming to an end. Its especially noteworthy when its unscheduled. The birds know our routine after a while. When I leave during a time that is unusual, and if it is lengthy, when I get back you'd think I'd been gone for a year and not 8 hours or a day!

The lovebirds in particular, even if I, who share their bond, have been home with them all day, do this for their human dad when he gets home from work.

Eggiya'sUmma
04-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh I'm so glad this is normal. I was worried for some reason. I feel like a new mother worrying about every little thing. Thank you for the responses.