PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how some people sleep at night!

bird-brain
05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
>: I went by a different pet store today just across the NC border to see if they carry any better birdie products than my local store (they don't). They don't sell birds in this store but will assist with rescue and relocation. The shop owner has recently taken in a female SI eclectus that was seized in a crack house raid. This poor bird only has her head feathers left from being exposed to the fumes of the drugs cooking! She curses like a sailor and will spout out angry words frequently like she is recounting arguments she has overheard! Under this ladies care she is becoming covered in down now. She is a very loving bird. Also seized were a rottie, pit bull, and a large mix breed dog and several other exotic birds. Unfortunately the bird is terrified of large dogs or she would have probably accidentally followed me home :whistle: I hate sharing air with people who could neglect any animal to this extent! The police believe they were taking the exotics as payment for drugs planning to then sell them! >:>:>:>:

CompassionAk
05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Grr people make me sick,I just can't understand how anyone could do these kind of things and feel good about themselves.

linda040899
05-04-2010, 11:14 PM
:( :( :(

Money can truly be the root of all evil, especially in a society where life has lost all value. Humans, as well as valuable animals, all suffer as a result and it really pains me to see this happening. I don't know what the ultimate answer is but I keep praying that things will get better!

shinbatsu
05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Drugs. Enough said.

I agree with linda. Blood is thicker than water, but not thicker than currency. Enough money can destroy any relationship.

thebubbleking
05-05-2010, 03:14 PM
When my ex got addicted to cocaine and cleared my house out of everything i own she left the fids...two fold one i would hunt her down and there would be heck to pay second landshark boo and the sun sonures would make carrying a cage or trying to get at them very interesting indeed!

bird-brain
05-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Everyone is right....this is a sign of the times and it's a sad sign indeed. I wish I had gotten pics of this poor bird and then again I don't. If she gets over her doggie fear though (which she seems to be doing in the shop..........say it with me y'all JAMIE! NO MORE RESCUES!!!!!!!

thebubbleking
05-05-2010, 07:43 PM
"say it with me y'all JAMIE! NOW MORE RESCUES!!!!!!! you forgot the "W"

bird-brain
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh you are just evil:evil: I do not need any temptation! Did I mention the beautiful lovie that was there on consignment as well :whistle:

Enko_chan
05-07-2010, 10:48 AM
How very, very sad. Money and addiction can lead people to do very unfortunate things, and Linda is correct- how can we expect people who put no value on their own lives and the lives of other human beings to value the lives of other creatures who think, feel and suffer?

We have to do our very best to keep our own fids healthy and happy and if we happen to have the space, time and money to rescue the ones that need rescuing... and volunteer what time and money we have to spare to fight the good fight... The ugliness stands out, and there is enough of it to feel like it could just choke off all of the virtue left in the world, but what we do every day does make a difference. Don't let any crack-headed bird abusers make you think otherwise!