PDA

View Full Version : my she.. is now a he!

clk666
05-05-2010, 10:24 PM
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx220/clk666_photo/DSCF1290.jpg

Gwen who i originally thought was female is just found out to be male. i got "her" dna tested and got the results today. ive now decided to name him gavin. or if anyone has any other suggestions, id be willing to hear them :D

Enko_chan
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Does "s/he" know his/her own name?

My Freyja turned out to be male, too. I kept the name because she's so used to being called "she" "girl" and "Freyja" that I didn't want to confuse the poor thing. Freyja is very much in hen position in the relationship with Odinn, too.

Ahh, androgynous lovebirds!

Pips mom
05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Awww, it's a boy! I love my humpy boys! What's nice about having a boy, is that now if you decide to get him a lovie friend, you could get male or female, AND you never have to worry about egg laying with a boy! Gavin sounds like a good alternative to Gwen.

bird-brain
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Gavin sounds good to me and is close enough to Gwen I think. Cabo thinks his name is "peeper", "silly bird", "pretty babie" and "turtle bird" he doesn't know what a Cabo is LOL!
I am starting to think Cabo is actually a hen which could get nasty as I know for a fact Kenya is a hen. Oh well I'll just have to get two males if that is the case. Oh gosh darn! ;)

bookworm0550
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh well I'll just have to get two males if that is the case. Oh gosh darn! ;)

and that my friend is how you end up like me :) not that that is a bad thing. lovebirds are awesome! i always thought 1+1=2, but not in my house. 1+1=many!

clk666
05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
no he does nto know his name, hes not realy warmed up to me at all since i got him, so i think im going to just keep him as company for my budgie. i think hes already got it in his mind set that people may not hurt me, but they are not somethying to cuddle up too, since ive had him a while now and no progress has been made at all. he has actually started to turn my female budgie away from liking me. i now know why she loves him so much!!

What's nice about having a boy, is that now if you decide to get him a lovie friend, you could get male or female

i think ive actually decided to get another1! ive found these adorable 2 and a half month old hand fed babies, and i think i want one!! im going to haev a bird factory soon! 2 and a half month old would be a great age to start bonding at right? because i actually want a bird that will bond with me and be my friend rather than perfer to sit in their cage and only come out when im not close.

thebubbleking
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Hello! how did you all mis the name gwain?!? as in sir gwain? :D

jen
05-07-2010, 10:01 AM
My 'girls' always turn out to be boys.
But I'm learning now... only getting females that are dna'd or have laid an egg! LOL or so I say.. haha