PDA

View Full Version : Good News, Olive Oil Lovers

TGerard
09-02-2005, 03:14 PM
This isn't birdy related but, it was nevertheless interesting:

http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=117741

It is a good thing Barb likes to cook with it. I've always been a big fan of the stuff. If you haven't tried fresh baked focaccia bread served with some extra virgin olive oil for dipping, you don't know what you're missing.:cool:

Meliandmoe
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
That's good to know thanks for the info... I love cooking with olive oil, It just gives everything that lil extra flavor.

Mummieeva
09-02-2005, 04:26 PM
I might have to switch to olive oil. We use sunflower oil right now. But maybe a switch is needed. TY

Steph

Janie
09-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks, Tim!

I made Birdie bread today and used olive oil instead of corn or veg. oil. Lori told me she uses olive oil so that's good enough for me. I use it for cooking a lot......well, not that I cook a lot but, you know what I mean! :D

Meliandmoe
09-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Janie...

I love to cook so if you adopt me and we end up moving to Ga anyway then I will cook for you .....lol :) My kids are too young to appreciate the finer things in life ... ( anything that isnt BK Mikey D's or taco bell...) :lol

beansbirds
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Melissa,

My kids are the same way...which is why I get into spells where I hate to cook. No matter what I make someone has a complaint..and when you work hard on making a nice dinner and you get "eeewww, what is that?", well, it sort of takes the wind out of my sails, ya know? :p

Janie
09-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Melissa, I am a Burger King freak! I average 5 cheese whoppers a week! That after seeing "Super Size Me!" Lord, I hate to cook.....I can clean with the best of 'em but cooking is not my thing. I AM loving cooking for my lovies cause they are actually eating some of what I'm offering!

So, when you come to GA, you'll cook and I'll clean! :D

Z28Taxman
09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Melissa,

My kids are the same way...which is why I get into spells where I hate to cook. No matter what I make someone has a complaint..and when you work hard on making a nice dinner and you get "eeewww, what is that?", well, it sort of takes the wind out of my sails, ya know? :p

It's even worse when you cook for yourself and hear "ewwwwww, what is that?". :rofl:

beansbirds
09-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Dave,

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Janie,

I enjoy cooking for my birdies too because they appreciate it ;) . Most of them do anyway :lol . I have one that won't touch the birdie bread but he gets in his dish everyday anyway!

Meliandmoe
09-02-2005, 09:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All I have to say is ... If your offering to CLEAN... I'll COOK anything you want!!!

Dave you are tooo funny...lol

I like to cook different things... Who likes spanish food? I'll turn you all out , then I will have to move somewhere in the middle so you can all come to dinner... :happy:

when Mine say ewww what's that ... I take out my metal hangers... j/k ( you remember the movie mommy dearest where the kids werent allowed to have metal hangers, and she made that poor christine sit at the table with that steak all night then fed it to her for breakfast ? :evil:

Nah I just tell them... eat it... if they dont then oh well they will eat when they are hungry...

Janie
09-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Kim, I too, have one of those BUT my older lovie, Oliver has been eating birdie bread for the last few days.......monkey see, monkey do???? :D

Oliver watches Shy and Big Boi, swinging from the blind cords and looks at me as if to say, "what the heck are they doing?" :lol I'm hoping that he'll eventually join in and do some of the fun things they do. Especially with the healthy eating habits! :)