PDA

View Full Version : The results are in!!

Jally
05-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Just as I thought I couldn't wait any longer, I looked one more time in my email, sighed and logged out of my email. Wait a minute! Something looked different! I quickly logged back in.

What is that? An email from Avianbiotech! That wasn't there the last time I checked (which was 10 minutes ago) but it said that it was sent at 12:13.

My blackmasked lovebird named Oreo is a GIRL!!!!!

My normal green peachfaced (picture in my siggy) is a BOY!

I have one more to DNA (he's quite new and not feeling well so we will test him at a later date) and think it would be lovely if he was a boy then I'd have 2 boys and 2 girls!

I do have a slight issue though.... my blackmasked lovie and my DNA'd boy lineolated parakeet umm, like each other. There's been no hanky panky, more preening and bickering than anything. Does this cause a problem? They couldn't mate and have babies, could they?

linda040899
05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Congratulations on the results! Now you finally know who is what... :)

I do have a slight issue though.... my blackmasked lovie and my DNA'd boy lineolated parakeet umm, like each other. There's been no hanky panky, more preening and bickering than anything. Does this cause a problem? They couldn't mate and have babies, could they?
There have been some pretty strange combinations but I would say the likelihood of producing offspring is extremely remote, if possible at all. There's nothing wrong with a friendship between them, especially since they seemed to have formed the bond between them all by themselves!

Jally
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
What's funny is that there are 4 lovebirds in this house and at a time I also had 2 linnies. I found another little boy for my linnie but he didn't want anything to do with him. I ended up finding the newest one a good home where he could be with another linnie.

So it's not like I didn't try finding buddies of the same species for each of them.

The breeder I got Peanut from had a very unusual couple...a budgie and a cockatoo! LOL He never let them together of course, but the budgie was always on the too's cage and the budgie was very aggressive to anyone or thing that came near HIS too LOL

Chickobee
05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Congratulations! Waiting is the hardest part. :)