PDA

View Full Version : why is pan being mean?

bookworm0550
05-24-2010, 09:27 PM
lately, i've noticed that Pan tends to pick on Apollo a lot, more than he does w/ Orion. he'll let orion preen him and whatnot, but apollo tends to get his feet bitten and neck by dad. i moved him into hermes' cage and evie and pan started to freak out and called for him so i put him back in w/ his parents. at night, apollo will sleep on the bottom of the cage floor while the other three are on their perch. i always have to pick him up and put in the opposite corner where there is a perch w/ fleece over it so it's very cozy and tentlike. whenever i put him w/ his family, pan always just chases him away. i just feel so bad for the little guy. he's so sweet. should i just move out the kids and then place their cage next to their parents? it's so odd cuz pan will still feed apollo and protect him too (like when joey was trying to feed apollo, pan came and chased joey off), but then he goes and is a bit aggressive.

CompassionAk
05-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Sounds like they need a cage of their own. When I first separated the babies from Boo and Annie they were scared but it didn't take long for them to appreciate that they had a cage of their own and space to do what they wanted.

bookworm0550
05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
thanks, i think that's what i'm gonna do tomorrow. i'm sure hermes will be more than happy to move in w/ her man too.