PDA

View Full Version : Warm Feather Therapy

Bubblelady
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Sunday the nurse told us mom has "two or three days, perhaps". Typical mom, she is still hanging in there and it's day 5. But this time it is different & I think the end is approaching. I've been with her all day, every day, except today when I came home to pick up my pay check & some clean clothes. I'm heading back in a few minutes. The birds have been my nightly comfort. Johari hasn't been out since Sunday but she continues to play and be amazingly cute & active whenever I'm near her. Her cage is on the table right next to my mom's recliner that is serving as my bed & she hangs on the side of the cage as close to me as she can get and plays "cute bird". Gussie has only been out a bit each morning & evening but she has been soooooo snuggly. And chatty. New words all over the place, including "Pretty girl", "Gussie", and "Gus Gus". She snuggles into my neck and talks softly, makes itty bitty little birdy noises, beak grinds, and just helps me relax enough to fall asleep. Prayers for my mom's peaceful passing will be greatly appreciated.

linda040899
06-10-2010, 10:30 PM
(((((((((((((Maureen)))))))))))))))

Even knowing when the time of our loved ones is almost up is not comforting as final passing approaches. Thoughts and prayers are coming for your mom from Florida as she prepares to leave her earthly existence behind and go to be with her Father.

Enko_chan
06-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Hugs & love & positive thoughts to you and your family from our flock here in Massachusetts.

Bella's mom
06-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Thoughts and prayers from Canada during this difficult time.

Chickobee
06-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Those little warm feathered bodies do help a lot and they seem to know how we are feeling. I'm glad you have them to help comfort you as you go through this. Prayers for you, your mother, and your family during this difficult time.

:grouphug: Maureen :grouphug:

michael
06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Maurine. ....:hug:.....I'm thinking your mom and mine might sometime get together and discuss icecream?......Uh well...children, granchildren, or even great grandchildren first. ... I don't know, time seems to stand still....for a bit. ...Bless you for staying with her. ...She knows great comfort, even in those minutes you need to take away.

Many prayers.

bbslovie
06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi Maureen, I just wanted to send hugs, thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Barb

Eliza
06-11-2010, 02:37 PM
*hugs* and kind thoughts...

Pips mom
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Prayers for my mom's peaceful passing will be greatly appreciated.

You got it! :pray: I'm so sorry that you're losing your mom....it must be so hard.....always so sad to see a life come to an end, especially a close loved one that you'll miss so much.