PDA

View Full Version : Kokoro's Wild Pal

Enko_chan
06-13-2010, 06:55 AM
About a month ago, Kokoro was making contact calls with another quaker, outside the house. Chris and I tried getting a glimpse of him, watched the birdfeeders, put out parrot food- don't know who actually ended up eating that, though- but in time, he moved on without being caught by us. We hadn't seen nor heard him in a week or so.

I did report the sighting to lost parrots, but it had been eating away at my conscience. We don't have wild quaker flocks in our area, and this fellow was definitely alone and coming around to talk with Koko. Yesterday, a few miles from here, it seems he was finally caught. Someone who recognized what he was coaxed him down from a willow tree near the river that runs next to our house.

I'm hoping its the same quaker, anyhow. They said he was extremely friendly and most definitely not wild, though he looks like he's been livin' rough for some time. I've been watching for quaker sightings, and missing quaker reports in our areas and was extremely happy to see this. :)