PDA

View Full Version : Check this bird out.....

Pips mom
06-29-2010, 12:27 PM
I have never even heard of this bird before. Someone posted it on facebook and I think this bird is SOoo beautiful! This is definitely the kind of bird I would love to have, if I had ever heard of it before or knew where to get one, I would have definitely been interested! but my flock is full now! maybe someday! Check this bird out though.....and all the wonderful personality traits! I am impressed with this bird! I want one, I want one!!! :rofl::rotfl

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/birds/parakeets/regentparakeet.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbLzpdrsPRU

Enko_chan
06-29-2010, 03:53 PM
They are beautiful! The one in the video, his colors really pop and he looks so regal!

If only we could track down a good photograph or video of a pohnpei lorikeet!

The only thing that bugs me, is in that article they list them as "very easy to care for" now I don't care- no parrot is "easy to care for" in the way that an inexperienced pet person would expect and I hate seeing it in print!

Chickobee
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Very pretty bird!

And, I want to know who has a garage that big, or that empty???? Wow!

Eliza
07-02-2010, 01:19 PM
One of the shops near me had two rock pebbler babies in with in the last year or so. They were SO sweet! I got to hold one of them. They are pretty hefty!

I've come across a couple of people who have them on other forums and haven't heard a bad thing about them, other than their scarcity. They are apparently rather well-tempered and personable :)

linda040899
07-02-2010, 02:11 PM
There are Rock Pebbler breeders here in FL but you don't usually see the birds, even at shows. I have a fondness for Australian birds, even though I don't have any at the moment.

Pips mom
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
There are Rock Pebbler breeders here in FL but you don't usually see the birds, even at shows. I have a fondness for Australian birds, even though I don't have any at the moment.

You have cockatiels, don't you???:confused:

thebubbleking
07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Pfft theese are better and i get to hang out with them at our zoo!

http://ssebs.org/Golden_Conure.JPG

linda040899
07-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Kim,
You're right about the Tiels. Yes, I do have several and I forgot they are native to Australia..... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Jeremiah,
Golden Conures (Queen of Bavaria Conures) are absolutely gorgeous! I think their noise level actually surpasses my macaws!

Pips mom
07-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Jeremiah,
Golden Conures (Queen of Bavaria Conures) are absolutely gorgeous! I think their noise level actually surpasses my macaws!

Yeah, and I have enough noise here from these guys! Ivy is being hormonal for the past couple of weeks, I have noticed her behavior being a little more aggressive and bolder than usual, plus the morning screaming has been bad.....then a couple of nights ago I hear this strange sound coming from their room.....it's Ivy making her little matey noises! Yup, it's a hormonal time for Ivy= noisey mornings for a while!