PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping

mangokiwi
07-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I have had my 2 lovebirds just over 3 weeks. They go to sleep every night in the exact same spots and are always quiet from the moment we cover them until we uncover them in the morning. But they don't sleep together. One sleeps on a swinging perch always facing toward the other that sleeps on the very edge of the branch closest to her and he always sleeps facing the same way. (I have no idea their sexes, just call one he and the other she to make identification easier.) Is it normal that they don't sleep cuddled up next to each other? Is this a sign that they will not bond together?

linda040899
07-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Some birds will sleep right next to each other, while others will not. If they are not a closely bonded pair yet, it doesn't necessarily mean that it won't happen.

thebubbleking
07-12-2010, 03:06 AM
i have several pairs that live together and get along but dont sleep together so long s they preen each other heheheh

Enko_chan
07-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Frey and Odinn sometimes do not sleep together all night, every night. Some nights, Frey will sleep in one place and Odinn in a completely other place. They are a very close bonded pair.

personatus
07-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Some of my bonded pairs have been together for a long time. Alot of them sleep on opposite sides of the cage, some do sleep snuggled together - guess it depends on the individual pair. :)

bookworm0550
07-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Sometimes my pairs don't sleep together either. I'll sneak into the living room for something and notice evie and pan on opposite sides. But they are very much bonded