PDA

View Full Version : Leg band tags

chinchilla.nikki
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where you can purchase the leg band tags without having to buy a bunch. Pet stores around here don't have them. Our local feed stores don't carry them either. I saw some places online, but I don't need that many. I live in Clarksville, Tn., which is central Tn. I could try some outlying cities I suppose. Thanks.

Chickobee
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I get mine from L&M Legbands. The ones I get have a minimum order of 25. You could call them to see if they have any other options. As far as my birds go, their legbands are a minor expense compared to most other things.

I know it seems a waste to have so many extra ones, but maybe you could use them as beads on their toys? I saved some of my old ones for this purpose.

linda040899
07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Here is the link for L&M Leg Bands: http://www.lmbirdlegbands.com/

As Chickobee said, minimum order is 25 but I've managed to find uses for the extras over the years. If you don't want the year on the band, you will be able to use them even after the current year is done. :)

Chickobee
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I just checked on their site and they have some bands with a minimum order of 10 bands. It turns out to be just as expensive as 25 because each band is more expensive.

chinchilla.nikki
07-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much. I will take a look at the site.

kimsbirds
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Just a note, remember that bands must be placed on the leg of babies when they are 7-10 days old. You wouldn't be able to band your current babies unless you purchase split bands.