PDA

View Full Version : Say it isn't so...

butterfly1061
09-06-2005, 11:44 AM
This morning I was getting ready to leave for work and going around to each cage to say goodbye to Molly, Daisy & Piper. When I got to Piper's cage :eek: , he was doing the swishy-swishy on his birdie buddy :eek: . He's too young to know how to do this. :cry: I'm broken hearted that my "baby" is longer a "baby". Oh, I can't take the growing up stage anymore. tsk*tsk, my sweet little Piper, sniff*sniff.

bellarains
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Jackie,

Take heart, at least Piper wasn't shredding and tucking ;)

You knew this moment would come, but as always, we want our babies to stay babies :(

LauraO
09-06-2005, 01:31 PM
That's too funny. This morning I've been watching Chewie try to clump up a tissue and hump it :cool:

Jackie: Just wait. Today it's a birdy buddy, soon it will be Daisy :omg:

Meliandmoe
09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
UMM.... HOW OLD ARE THE BIRDS WHEN THEY USUALLY GET INTERESTED IN THE WELL... YOU KNOW.... ??? PLEASE TELL ME I HAVE SOME TIME TO WAIT......PLEASE :eek:

butterfly1061
09-06-2005, 02:57 PM
LAURA!!! :eek: Not my sweet, dominant (I'm boss and you're not) Daisy!!

Actually, Daisy has been clicking and following Piper around. She doesn't do it all the time, but... Oh, I can't stand it :( No wonder I have them all in seperate cages :p Of course Molly just stands around and watches everything and looks at me like "Glad it's you that has to deal with them and not me." :whistle:

mjm8321
09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I've got three adolescents right now, two male one hen that are beginning to show the signs of the starting of things. They are 7 and 8 months old, though the males have been humping things in the cage for about 6-8 weeks now. I'll be removing the hen in the next few weeks as she's beginning to shred things. She's a big one for her age and has great genetics (course her mother is as mean as a wolverine, so hopefully that part won't come through) but I don't want to let her breed until she is at least a year. And I'm going to have to separate the males as I've seen first hand how aggressive they can become to each to each other....
I'm running out of cages...LOL

Janie
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Jackie, you know what this means......time for a NEW baby! :rofl:

butterfly1061
09-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I guess it's a good thing I'm moving in a few weeks. Bigger housing will be perfect for an additional lovie, but I don't know if "I'm" ready for another one. I'm afraid Molly will pack his little birdie bags and leave me if I bring another bird home. :(

Buy A Paper Doll
09-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Poor Jackie!!! It always happens sooner than you expect, doesn't it? How old is Piper now? :)

butterfly1061
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi Jen,

I'm not really sure how old he is. I can't remember what the breeder told me. My mind is going fast these days. >o

Janie
09-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Jackie, speaking of packing up your bags and leaving.......I found Oliver standing by the mailbox, little bag in foot, trying to thumb a ride! He was mumbling something about "those birds" that he is totally fed up with! :D Man oh man, he does NOT like for me to put them on my shoulder! He tolerates them when they're in the same room but not when they're on me.

Although, yesterday Oliver took the best bath he's ever taken on his own. He followed their lead and actually went into the bath bowl! :D Shy and Big Boi were drenched and Oliver was the wettest I've ever seen him other than when I hold him under the faucet. Birdie see, birdie do! :D

butterfly1061
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Oh, my! This little act of lovie dovie stuff must be a morning ritual. I saw Piper doing the swishy-swishy again this morning. :whistle:

Janie, Molly gets so put out when Daisy & Piper are on me. When I get home from work they ALL want to be on me, but Daisy and Piper run Molly off. You should see the looks I get from Molly >: I'm having to keep Molly up later or spend extra time in the morning with him one-on-one. I can't even get Molly into his cage for night-night anymore. Maybe Oliver & Molly need to each other to talk to about the invaders :lol

kimsbirds
09-07-2005, 10:07 AM
It sure IS a morning ritual here too!

I wake up at 7, come and turn on the birdie lights, and within 30 SECONDS they're all gacking and boinking>o