PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God-Is this normal?

Raindroponthrose
08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
...For two lovies to be so LOUD!!?
Ok,here's tha case; one is in the cage(not tamed one) and one(tamed) is out..so the tamed on is flying around from window to window,on the top of the cage and it's very vocal-all ranges of voice(mostly very loud)and everytime tamed one makes noise,the other one returning back to him,loudly.So I put caged one in one room and that's when it's started back and forth :) LOUD LOUD LOUD!!!
The point is,they are 'talking' even though the caged one don't like the other one very close to him9if he get very close-he tries to beak him)..and he(tamed one,uncaged) wants so be with him-but as soon as you separate them,they start screaming back and forth.So what's the deal???
I mean is it normal they are so vocal? Even if one is not too crazy about the other one? For last two days the new one(tamed) wasn't as vocal as today...especially this evening...Are your birds like that too???

One bird for one heart.
08-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Well all I know that my one lovie can be pretty loud by herself so I can only imagine how loud two can be! But I have a feeling the loudness is perfectly normal! Welcome to the life of a lovie owner!

jk1944
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
This is just my own single experience but my two birds, a lovie and a conure, will do the same as yours if one is caged and one is not. Loud is right, and the one out of cage will hop all over the caged one. If one is having a bath in the kitchen, and the other is not, the noise gets even louder! I know they are calling to each other out of concern for the other's well-being. Sorry but I have no solution to your situation.

kimsbirds
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
2+ Lovebirds = LOUD LOUD LOUD!!

Raindroponthrose
08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I know there's no solution,I just want to make sure,this is Ok :)
It's just funny that when they are one in a cage/one free on the top or flying-they are 'talking' or if out of sight-calling each other-but when you put them together,then one always try to beak the other if he's trying to get close :)
It's like 2 people who always fight but cannot be without each other :)))

Enko_chan
08-04-2010, 09:54 PM
They are making contact calls, and yes this is normal.

All my birds are friends now, thankfully, but my parrotlet Benny and my lovebirds once hated each other and would try to kill one another through the bars if they ever got too close. Yet, if one of them began to stray from the "saftey" territory of the "cage zone" they began to make VERY LOUD flock contact calls. All the birds in my flock do it. They especially do it when they can't see the other bird anymore. Sometimes it is incessant, but sometimes it will stop once they've assured themselves that the missing bird is OK.

Pips mom
08-04-2010, 10:23 PM
My two do the same thing as far as getting along....they do ok, but one gets too close, they beak at each other and want to fight. I do half realize the noise you are experiencing.......Rudy sure makes a racket sometimes, and it's not just contact calls! He's just very vocal and can be quite loud at times! Then there's Pip.....he's very quiet and pretty much always has been. He was noisey when he first moved here from his previous home for a couple of weeks and after that, he's been a pretty quiet bird. Every once in a while I'll hear him get vocal and start making all kinds of sounds and chirps and I'll walk over to make sure it's him because mostly he stays quiet, unless he contact calls to the others when one is out of the room. Hey.....maybe being noisey is a good thing, seeing as Rudy my noisey one is a good boy and very well behaved for a lovie! Where Pip, the quiet one, is always up to no good. You know what they say....it's those quiet ones you gotta watch out for! :rotfl:rofl:

Raindroponthrose
08-04-2010, 10:33 PM
They are making contact calls, and yes this is normal.

All my birds are friends now, thankfully, but my parrotlet Benny and my lovebirds once hated each other and would try to kill one another through the bars if they ever got too close. Yet, if one of them began to stray from the "saftey" territory of the "cage zone" they began to make VERY LOUD flock contact calls. All the birds in my flock do it. They especially do it when they can't see the other bird anymore. Sometimes it is incessant, but sometimes it will stop once they've assured themselves that the missing bird is OK.

Now I heard about contact call...but I don't know how that sounds like...What they do,they are making short screams,so if another bird is in another room,she/he repeats it,and it goes on and on...and not even in another room-one could be on the window(curtain) and the other one is down in a cage,right there...even on the top of the cage-they still do that.I always thought contact call is that one prolonged one,kinda like singing...but what they do is just short,sharp and loud...

wilkiecoco
08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
one lovie = LOUD!!!!!!

two lovies = LOUD!!!!

yup - perfectly normal!!!!