PDA

View Full Version : flock update and Lovebird theme wedding!

donna1064
08-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Ray and I finally made things legal last weekend, with a lovie themed wedding. Everyone loved it.

My prized photo of Baby and Kiwi I used for our invitations. We had a lovebird cake topper, and I found labels online with 2 lovies on them which I had personalized with our names and wedding date! Of course, the wedding colors were "normal green" and "lovebird peach". The flowers were "lovebird peach" roses and orange/peach Mokara orchids.

Now back to the farm and our flock. Baby and Kiwi's babies are growing up so fast! Right now Baby is with the older clutch and Kiwi is with the younger clutch. I ordered some 'dummy eggs" yesterday so soon Baby and Kiwi can be put back together since I now have the "lovie birth control" on its way....:rofl:

our livestock birds (geese, ducks, turkeys, chickens and guineas) are growing up fast too.....we expect our chicken hens to begin laying soon...Ray's busy with expanding the poultry run outside and adding a real pond for the waterfowl...right now they're using a small pool. The ducks, particularly, are simply adorable. We have about 50 of them in a variety of breeds. The baby black runner ducks look like miniature Daffy Ducks! Most of the ducks are still in the brooder but should be transitioning out by the end of september. And we have some Cayugas too, which will grow to have the most beautiful plumage! The guineas are hysterical....the hens run around screaming "buckwheat! buckwheat!" while the cocks simply scream "Chi! Chi!" And our roosters....well we have one whose circadian rhythm is off right now so he tends to crow at night....good thing we have acreage between us and the nearest subdivision....and earplugs!

Now that things are settled down around here I look forward to reading posts and catching up here!

Donna

Chickobee
08-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Congratulations on the Lovie Wedding! I'm sure everyone loved the themed wedding and it was fun to do. Great idea! I hope you will be very happy together and with your varied flock. :)

Pips mom
08-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd be really interested in knowing more about things you had for your wedding that had lovebirds on them......eventually I am hoping we'll get married and I guess I'd like more of a bird theme than just lovebird, but it's hard to find things that I like. I'd love to see your cake topper.....I've seen a few good ones with birds on ebay, and what about invitations? Did they have lovebirds as well? I found these and thought they were nice......
http://findyourdesign.com/Doves.HTM
You really need to share some pics of these lovebird things at your wedding!!!! Ohhh.....and congratulations!!

donna1064
08-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I actually made our invitations on the computer using the same photo as my avatar photo here on lovebirds plus. Places like staples or office depot have different kinds of quality paper and envelopes that you can print your invitations on. The cake topper I got from amazon.com, although it was'nt what I would call true lovebirds, it had two birds cuddling, similar to my avatar photo. Beaucoup.com had lovebird graphic labels that you could get in different shapes and colors (and personalized) that I used for my guest favors.

Eliza
08-25-2010, 05:49 PM
What a cute idea!

Congratulations :)

bbslovie
08-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Congrats! I agree, we need some pictures! ;)

Barb :)