PDA

View Full Version : Bird Bath?

One bird for one heart.
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Has anyone tried that bird bath spray?

thebubbleking
09-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Of all my flock members only my tiel pohaku likes to be misted to bathe the rest use water bowls that being said i use a normal spray bottle filled with water and one large chunk of Aloe skin off inside, i Also ad pieces of aloe skin off in the bathing bowls.
Heals minor cuts and i have noticed it adds a nice health sheen to thier plumage :)

One bird for one heart.
09-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Ok thanks!

Chickobee
09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Our birds love taking baths. I have the quik loc birdbaths for each cage. When I put them in they all immediately take a bath. That's a great technique when we have company because they will quietly preen for a while. :)

I also keep a pie plate with water in it on the tile floor by the playgyms. Most of the bird bathing takes place there in the communal bath. It's really funny when all of the birds want to get in at the same time. Eventually everyone gets a turn but it is quite a circus for a while.

They don't take a bath every single day, but most days they do. Sometimes they are just too busy. :happy:

I bought a bottle of the spray and haven't tried it for a long time because the birds were afraid of it.

linda040899
09-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Bathtime for my lovies is immediately after I put clean water in their dishes!! If I do it twice/day, they each will take 2 baths......

My larger parrots love to be misted!! Several have no bathing "off buttons" until every single feather on their bodies is quite literally dripping wet!! If I stop too soon, they try to finish the bath in their water dishes! Ever see a Congo Grey trying to take a bath in a 30 oz stainless steel bowl??????? :rofl:

Chickobee
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One bird for one heart.
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
But is that bath in a bottle stuff safe that you buy at a pet store?

kimsbirds
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Congo Grey trying to take a bath in a 30 oz stainless steel bowl??????? :rofl:

Eliza
09-28-2010, 10:03 PM
But is that bath in a bottle stuff safe that you buy at a pet store?

Do you know what it's called or who makes it?

Generally speaking, parrots don't need special washes or sprays to keep clean. Plain water will do just fine :)

One bird for one heart.
09-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Its the Jacks brand?