PDA

View Full Version : bird smell :-)

beansbirds
09-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Am I weird or does anyone else love the way their birdie smells? I just love that smell!! :p

linda040899
09-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi Kim,
It depends on which of my birdies I'm smelling! They all smell nice to me but different parrots have different scents. If I take Dao and Georgia outside in my lanai, they take on a musk smell. Alex has a distinct fruit smell to her feathers, while my lovebirds just have a nice smell to their feathering. Wet feathers, on the other hand, have an interesting odor that can only be described as "wet feathers!"

I'm guilty of sniffing feathers.... :)

shylevon
09-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh, I just love the smell of my birdies.

I stick my nosey on their back, right between their wingies and just suck in all those birdie smells. Mmmmmm.

bellarains
09-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Yep,

They smell good. Dry of course, wet they smell a bit musty???? for lack of a better word.

My hubby says Lacey smells better than Bela, and I tell him, "Of course, she's a gurl" :D

Z28Taxman
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
And here I thought I was the only wierdo who sniffs their bird. Lovebirds do smell good. Unless he's been eating brocoli. Brocoli breath :x

Just don't rub noses with them immediatley after they eat a hot chili pepper. :eek:

Mummieeva
09-10-2005, 09:34 PM
If I sniffed Baggy I would come away with a new earring..lol. Never tried sniffing birds before..might have to try.

Steph

beansbirds
09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Whew! I feel better now :) . My lovebirds smell the best. My new tiel smells good too, but not as nice as the lovies!!

linda040899
09-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Bird people are unique. That gives us free license to sniff our fids! :happy:

Angelwing
09-10-2005, 10:03 PM
My male lovebird doesn't smell so nice all of the time. He needs to bathe more often. His hunny smells good though.

And the budgies hardly ever smell bad.

LauraO
09-10-2005, 11:27 PM
mmmmm.....I love to smell my birdies too :) My fids are used to it and I snuggle up to their feathers for a cuddle and a sniff whenever possible :)

p3rr4n
09-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Karen & I have both said many times that we like how Trixie smells.

Trix likes baths so we have the fortune of having a persistently clean lovie :)

Jezz
09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I've never smelled my Lovebird before.

Just a tip, don't go smelling Lorikeets, they smell like fermented fruit :lol

CanadianOlive
09-11-2005, 01:29 AM
*raises hand* I also am guilty of smelling my lovebird...and I have to agree....brocolli breath...ack :x ....and them peppers....gotten one of them stuck on my lip after.. :omg: ..I am very careful about them now...ouch

sdgilley
09-11-2005, 02:10 AM
My birdies smell good to me. I sniff my Peepo every day, maybe I'm addicted to snorting lovie? :omg:
When she bathes she smells like a wet hen. But she chuffs and fluffs and rubs and then she smells good again.

When it was just me and Peter, I used to steal little nose rubs down his back when he was busy exploring and only got a hint of his scent, which was good. Remember, he's a biter and would nippy off my nose if he'd had half a chance!

butterfly1061
09-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I love to smell my birdies. I kiss them on their backs between their wings all the time and each one smells different. Piper has the most distinct smell. I could pick him out blind-folded. Mmmm....birdie smells :D

Joanie Noel
09-11-2005, 09:33 AM
I couldn't pinpoint what Squeaks' sweet scent reminded me of until my boyfriend smelled one of my dried roses and said, "IT'S SQUEAKS!" :rofl: Sure enough, my lovie smells like dried roses.

- Joanie

LoveBugs
09-11-2005, 01:33 PM
PP gives herself a bath almost everyday and smells nice and warm...however..

I must admit, I do have a stinky bird!!! Lily, from day one, smelled like a PetStore...I don't know if she molted out those stinky feathers, or I'm just used to it now!!

lol...But because of her, I did have to get an air purifier as I do keep them in my bedroom... She's also pretty lazy to give herself baths. lol. She rarely every does, and would either stand behind PP to try and catch some of her bath water or wait for me to mist her.

She surprised me though; earlier I was just about to give her a good soaking, filled up my water sprayer and everything...But when I went outside, she was already soaking wet. lol

Silly little bird.

Buy A Paper Doll
09-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Yep, I sniff the birds. Wet birds, dry birds, doesn't matter, they all get kissies and they all get sniffed. :)

There's something in my lovies' treat mix called star of anise or something like that. Melody smells like licorice all day long after she's been chewing on it.

LoveBird
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh I love the smell of Martha. The smell of a star. :rofl: Just kidding. She smells like fresh Nutri berries and her seed. I love smelling her. :rofl: