PDA

View Full Version : An interrupted bath-time...

Dodo
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm going to be hopeful and take this latest development in the Frodo/Scoots introduction as a good sign. Yesterday I put out their bathing dishes on the same table, but not too close together. Frodo likes to splash about in a shallow saucer, while Scooter has his deep bowl for full submersion/splashing fun. Anyway, Scooter was busily splattering water all over my living room and chuckling to himself in a very pleased manner ('cluck, cluck cluck, 'Heeeeyyyy Scoooter!', purring, etc) when Frodo left her dish and went waddling over to his bowl. She pulled herself up on the rim and started washing herself while he bathed; it was so cute, but so unexpected because usually she either ignores him or actively chases him if he gets too close (lovies really do believe themselves to be much bigger than they are, I think, but she still manages to intimidate the conure). He let her bathe in the same dish for a short bit, before jumping out and running off, but I hope this means she isn't feeling quite as hostile towards him as before. Fingers crossed! :happy:

One bird for one heart.
09-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Great news! Let's hope it goes well!

Pips mom
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Sure seems like a good sign to me! Fingers crossed here too!

linda040899
09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Sounds hopeful to me! Sometimes birdie relationships take time to develop and there's nothing you can do but watch, wait and make sure no one gets hurt. I'm sure they both enjoy another feathered body being around, even though it's been at a distance up to now.

Pips mom
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Pip and Rudy have never gotten along when they are right up close to each other, but from a distance you'd think they were good friends! Rudy's cage is right there with him in it while Pip is out most of the time.....most times Pip ignores Rudy, but once in a while he'll go over on his cage to see what he's doing and they seem to have little conversations between them, they even call to each other when they are different rooms.....you'd think they were best friends, but one will always bite at the other if they are close enough to touch. I would tend to think that Pip is the one who causes the conflict, but I've seen Rudy do it too....it's so hard to figure them out. Maybe one day they'll learn how to get along while close to each other, but at least they don't seem to dislike each other and I can tell that they like having each other around.

michael
09-22-2010, 06:45 PM
........... He let her bathe in the same dish for a short bit, before jumping out and running off, but I hope this means she isn't feeling quite as hostile towards him as before. Fingers crossed! :happy:

She's taking over his bath tub! .....:rofl:.... Well, hopefully, their little get togethers will ultimately become more diplomatic. .. So now, being that I have two males who's antics are quite similar, I have to ask, have you noticed any difference in their behavior towards each other whenever your not around?...........:)