PDA

View Full Version : I think Belle wants to be friends with my budgies...?

carryon213
09-25-2010, 11:43 AM
She is always "talking" to them and also staying on the side of her cage closest to them and I feel bad for her because she can't go see them :P
And I'm also afraid that if she ever did go see them then she wouldn't want to bond to me :o Will by budgies prevent her from bonding with me?? :o

linda040899
09-25-2010, 11:58 AM
While friendships between lovebirds and budgies are not common, I've seen it happen. Your budgies have feathers just like Belle so they are "alike" in the respect that all wear feathers. That could be the attraction. Allowing them to interact without bars between them might prove to be a bit different than you might think/expect.

The only one who can prevent Belle bonding with you is you. As long as she receives attention, attention and more attention from you, she will consider you to be part of her flock. I have any number of birds here that have companions but I'm part of the flock because I interact with all of them. :) :)

carryon213
09-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah I know that's why I feel bad before cause I don't want Belle to hurt my budgies :P But she just seems so interested in them :P I try talking to her, she's right next to my bed but she just seems to ignore me and she just watches and 'talks' to my budgies :P Cuz they are all singing and stuff and so Belle is going crazy trying to sing also I guess. And she also sounds mad whenever I talk to her, she is so sassy! xD