PDA

View Full Version : 5 Days With Katrina - A Photo Album

linda040899
09-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Be prepared to spend some time looking at this. The album contains 197 photos and many are truly remarkable. It took me a while to view all of them. I opted not to use "slideshow," as the captions under each photo are very descriptive. Cross-posted with permission from Bird Breeder-Bird Hobbyist.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14ewb3ap.b147fdut&Uy=nyvoby&Ux=1

Mummieeva
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
That is just amazing. I can not imagine going through that.

Steph

bellarains
09-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Wow!!!!

What an amazing account.

Janie
09-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Linda, WOW!!!!! I did go through each one and I agree, a slideshow would not do it justice. Thanks for posting this. So sad, so hard to imagine.

Rubygem
09-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for sharing this Linda.....I really enjoyed taken my time going through the pictures, and reading. I went through Hugo, and I can't imagine going through this one though....I just pray that those that lost so much will find sunshine back in their lives soon.

Rubygem

p3rr4n
09-12-2005, 01:16 AM
I just tried to :confused: look and Kodak says that it doesnt exist.

:confused:

linda040899
09-12-2005, 05:44 AM
Sorry, Perran
It was there yesterday and I was hoping it would be there for a while! I found the link through one of my mailing lists and I didn't expect it to "disappear." Let me see if I can find another link to it.

Janie
09-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Same thing here. I did view it yesterday but went back just now and could not get in......

Meliandmoe
09-12-2005, 06:52 AM
The pictures had a great effect on me. I looked at them last night and was so tired by the time I got done and so angry after looking at them that I had to calm myself down before saying what I feel I need to say on this matter. I have been trying my hardest to stay away from the news concering this matter because it only ANGERS me that today in AMERICA our people have to be put through the devastation of something like this. All the people that lost their lives or loved ones, My heart goes out to them.... I wont get all political on any of you because I do not want or have the need to offend anyone... But as you can see from the pictures the thousands of people that have died in New orleans, well not all of them died in the beginning... Days later .... So Sad. It's sad to me that you can turn on the television and see the *stars* of America and us, everyday people doing more for the survivors then our own government. ALot of the deaths could have been avoided... I'll leave it at that.... God bless everyone... And Linda thank you for sharing that album... it meant a lot to me personally. :grouphug1

kimsbirds
09-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Amazing recollection of Katrina's power.....Im awed.

Thanks for the link, Linda