PDA

View Full Version : ryu is in bird talk magazine!

maya_exquisite
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I heard from someone else that my spazzo, pain-in-the-butt Ryu has made it into Bird Talk magazine!! I can't wait to receive my November issue!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

lemonypickett
10-17-2010, 07:20 AM
And now I am excited about the new issue too!! I missed you Maya! I need to catch up with you!! I see a change in your flock... I am going to go looking through old posts to see what has happened....

linda040899
10-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Congratulations, Maya!

I'll have to get a copy of BirdTalk November issue. :)

maya_exquisite
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Laura: Yeah, changes in the flock... Kano passed away a year ago from a preening gland infection. He had an e-collar and was on antibiotics but it was too much for his little body to take. He's in my parents backyard with a nice homemade tombstone, under a beautiful tree.

Linda: I think I'm going to pick up an extra copy so I can cut the page out and frame it. It'll be something nice to have put up in our future bird room!!

bookworm0550
10-17-2010, 04:56 PM
maya, i think they send a double issue for you. i got two of them when joey, orion, and apollo made it.

peteandtilly
10-17-2010, 04:58 PM
where do you get the magazine.. do you order them or can you buy them at a store??

maya_exquisite
10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Thou: Really? We didn't get a double issue the last time we made it in...

peteandtilly: You can subscribe online and I'm sure some pet stores carry it? I know here in Hawaii, the only place I've ever seen the magazine being sold is at the Kalihi Pet Center and nowhere else.

bookworm0550
10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
really? guess i dunno then. i got sent two of them. well, hopefully they sent doubles! they should know your birds are likely to chew on them. or at least mine do!!!!!

lemonypickett
10-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Got mine Maya!!! Nice shot!! PM me your address and I will send you my copy.

You are quite the photographer! And that face, what a ham!!

Sorry to hear about Kano.... I would like to hear more about that infection.... I wonder if that is what Eddie suffers from when he bites his shoulders and crys.....

maya_exquisite
10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Aw, you don't have to send me your copy, Laura! Then you wouldn't have yours anymore!!

I don't think what Eddie is suffering from is the same, because the preening gland is on their rump. Kano's had grown to about the size of a gumball!! :( I didn't see it at first because his flights criss-crossed over the whole area... then one day I just saw him half-covered in blood and rushed him to the vet.

lemonypickett
10-18-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't need to keep it, i am trying to live clutter free, and I already read it cover to cover... email me and I can get it in the mail tomorrow am....

thebubbleking
10-18-2010, 11:52 PM
congrats! and they sell bird talk at borders and barnes and noble stores:)

Pips mom
10-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I've always shared my Birdtalk with friends when I was done with it.....I used to mail it out to someone, now I just give it to my next door neighbor. I've only kept a few issues over the years, and the ones with quakers I give to my sister.
I just got mine yesterday and saw the pic....very cute!

Eliza
10-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I saw that the other day and meant to post about it... and promptly forgot LOL

Congratulations :)

Ryu is GORGEOUS!

KenDRAGON
10-27-2010, 08:40 PM
we just got it in at my store! too cute!!

maya_exquisite
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Aaaaaaaaaargh!! When is my issue going to arrive?! :very_sad:

I did receive the Lafeber Nutri-meal prize today, though. And I'm sure I won't receive the bumper sticker at all, because the bf never got his for his winning submission last year!

lemonypickett
10-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Maya, the post office said you should get my package Monday..... let me know.... it was so cheap to mail.... I couldn't believe it was going to make it out there so fast!

Bill's Birds
10-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Bird Talk, and other bird magazines, can be bought from Bird Channel.com. It's a great site from Animal Network, and Pet Channel.com.

maya_exquisite
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks, lemony!! I hope my issue comes in soon... as soon as I get both, I'm gonna frame one of them!

Chickobee
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Now I know why I couldn't find Ryu's picture in the November Bird Talk! I looked and looked and thought I was missing it. I kept going through my copy from front to back and couldn't find him. The only turquoise conure I saw was with another bird playing with toys.

Then yesterday I received my DECEMBER issue and found him right away! :)

No wonder I couldn't find him in the other one. Do you know if they send different versions to different areas of the country? It seems odd that they would send out the December issue early in October--sort of like new cars I guess.

Anyway, what a cutie pie! I just love that color and he looks so sweet.

lemonypickett
11-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Did it arrive yet?

maya_exquisite
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, it did!! I'm sorry, I totally forgot to tell you and thank you for it!! :blush: