PDA

View Full Version : I miss him =(

CompassionAk
10-17-2010, 07:05 PM
As some of you know I was recently diagnosed with cancer and was gone for close to a month up north getting treatment. While I was away I had several different friends watching after my birds in their homes. Pele stayed with my friend who got one of Boo and Annies babies this past year and her family fell in love with him.

Pele never got along with my lovies or should I say my lovies never got along with him. Pele is a lover and tried and tried so hard to make friends with my birds and has always been an outcast.

While I was gone he befriended my friends lovie and they actually get along. Both birds are male so no worries about babies. Pele used to pluck and he stopped while he was at my friends and so I asked if they would like to keep him and they were excited and happy as could be to take him in.

I'm happy that he's happy but ugh I miss my stinker so much it hurts =( I just needed to vent and cry about it to someone hope you all don't mind lol.

lemonypickett
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Oh I think what you did was an act of true love!

Remember that old Greek myth where the two women claim ownership to the baby. So, the god says he will rip the baby in half and they could both have some. One women shrieked "no!" and said the other woman could have it, rather than do that. The god then knew that was the babies real mother.

You are that unselfish mother that gave up your baby to a situation best for him. That is true love.

linda040899
10-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Angie,
While you miss him, you loved him enough to want to make him happy. It's hurts, but you did the very best thing for him that you could have done....you let him stay with a companion lovie who wants to be friends with him. That's a pretty noble thing in my book and I admire your sensitivity to Pele's needs.

Hope you are feeling better.

:grouphug1http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/../grouphug1.gif

michael
10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Big ole hug!........:grouphug:

CompassionAk
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Aw thanks guys =) Those kind words mean alot to me and help me through these rough times!

Pips mom
10-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Awww, it's always those little stinkers really know how to steal your heart! I'm so sorry you are going through this. You did do a really wonderful thing......for everyone but you! :very_sad: but......you can always go visit him or have them bring him over for a visit once in a while. It's really wonderful that Pele has a birdie friend now that he really likes and who likes him.....I bet if they sent you pics regularly of the two happy together, that it would help make it a little easier for you. I hope that you are feeling better too.

LauraO
10-17-2010, 08:21 PM
What you did was truly beautiful and in the best interest of Pele. I'm sorry you miss him, but it's this love that allowed you to see his true needs and make a decision that was in his best interest.

btw, I hope the treatment was successful!!!!!!!
:)

maya_exquisite
10-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel... we had a lovebird earlier this year - a gorgeous Orangefaced American Yellow Pied male. Mika didn't care for him much, though BIRD (yes, that was his name in all caps :rotfl ) tried his hardest to get Mika to like him. After some time, BIRD ended up bonding with a foster we had. We didn't want to break that bond, so when the foster got adopted we let BIRD go too.

I cried A LOT, but knew it was better for BIRD's happiness. Maybe your friend can send you lots of pictures (if that won't make it hurt more) or you can visit Pele?? Many, many, many hugs to you!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Enko_chan
10-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Please feel free to vent and cry! You made a wonderful and selfless decision for Pele.

Chickobee
10-18-2010, 08:59 AM
:heartbreak: :grouphug: :heartbreak:

thebubbleking
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Thats the hardest thing about doing what i do is giveing them away even when i knows it the best thing for them. BIG HUGS!

Bubblelady
10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry you have one more thing to make you sad, but I'm sure that loving deed will bring lots of good karma your way to speed your healing. Lots and lots of HUGS!!!!

Eliza
10-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Awww, chica... I can't imagine what you are going through. You vent all you want -- we're here to listen and support you as best we can.

*hugs*

diljaa
10-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Your post made me cry! You did such a wonderful thing for Pele even if it hurts like heck for you, takes a lot to be able to do that!

bird-brain
10-23-2010, 03:44 PM
:very_sad::grouphug1 It is a wonderful kindness you have done for Pele. I hope everything else is going well for you now.

Janie
10-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Angie, big hugs to you!! That was the most loving thing you could have done for him. I hope you're feeling better.

CompassionAk
11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Well....I suppose I should let the cat out of the bag. I brought Pele back home. I went to visit and he had started to pluck again and worse than before and I realized how much I missed him and decided to bring him back on a trial basis to see how he would do with the other birds after being gone and interacting with a single lovie for over a month.

Well,now Zeus and Pele have discovered they love each other. Zeus follows Pele and tries to kiss him and they have been getting along great! When I wake the birds up in the morning the first thing Zeus does now is to fly over to Peles cage and feed him lol. It's nice to have a happy family of lovies who get along great most the time.

Chickobee
11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I think that's great Angie. As long as the birds are getting along with each other it lessens the tension and gives you more to smile about. It's great that the situation is flexible enough that you can change your mind either way if you want to. Obviously Pele missed his flock and you know you missed him! :)

linda040899
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Angie,
I guess "absence can make the heart grow fonder" and it sounds like that's what happened! I think it's great that you've chosen to give it a try, as it looks like he misses you as much as you miss him.

I'm really glad to hear this!

Pips mom
11-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Awww, glad that it's working out.....welcome back home Pele!

Bill's Birds
11-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I do Bird Rescue, and fostering. SO MANY TIMES it's SO hard to give them up. But, you did the right thing. We all want our Birds to be happy. Whatever it takes. Know that we were all behind your decision. I always soothe myself with knowing there are many others that need a home, and one will come by soon. Kudos for putting your Birds feelings before your own. But, I'm glad he's back, and things are working out.