PDA

View Full Version : Hi Mummy!

Enko_chan
11-10-2010, 10:30 AM
This morning when I greeted the lovies, Odinn said "Hi Mummy!" clear as can be! I am so happy. How very cute. The lovebirds have been talking more and more. Frey has said ten words now that I've noted, and Odinn six! It sounds like they are trying to say other things too, but its hard to make out. It isn't surprising considering that they have Benny and Kokoro living in the same room as them!

We shared a pomegranite this morning, too- and Odinn is COVERED with pomegranite juice! He and I have become extra close lately, especially since they moved into the big cage. It is now located right next to the spot where my chair is- its my special chair that I sit in to work, write, use the computer, play games and when the lovies aren't out, and I'm sitting here Odie is usually playing right near me! I'm really happy that Odie ended up being comfortable as a companion- he's such a happy boy.

I made them a swing when they first came to live with me, and its one of their favorite things- and the way its set up now they can push each other on it. Its one of the most adorable things I have ever seen!

linda040899
11-10-2010, 11:10 AM
It's amazing how birds learn to talk by listening to others, as well as to us! TJ, my male Tiel, keeps coming up with new words and sounds all the time! I guess I should qualify that and say words/sounds new to him. My Greys and Zons have fairly good vocabularies and TJ has constant stimulation. :lol I'm surprised that Charlie (Parrotlet) hasn't started to talk yet. His claim to fame is being my little velcro birdie....... :whistle:

Eliza
11-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh, how cute... you'll have to try to get video of Odinn and Freyja talking :)

I haven't tried pomegranates with Pickle yet. I'm afraid to b/c he's a poop shooter LOL

bird-brain
11-12-2010, 11:18 AM
it IS funny how they feed off of one another. I honestly hope that my lovies don't develop a vocabulary. It is hard enough for me to tell which bird said what already. LOL