PDA

View Full Version : Birdie bread is like warm turkey on Thanksgiving...

Joanie Noel
09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
I've figured out how to calm my birds down in the morning before I go to class. Usually they are so jumpy and squawking loudly, but I've been giving them warm birdie bread a half hour before I leave. They seriously just run to it, chomp on it for a bit, and then go to their sleeping spots and start to drift off. It's like warm turkey on Thanksgiving and how you get so tired afterwards. :rofl: They look like they've taken a few downers. I didn't slip anything in there. :whistle: LOL.

- Joanie

bellarains
09-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Joanie,

In the morning is when I give mine their birdy bread also. They never really want to go back into their cages, and some birdy bread is just the thing to lure them back in ;)

mother_hen7
09-13-2005, 10:20 AM
As a new commer to the flock. Do you have a reciept for the bread or a web site where I can find one?

Thanks
Sandy

bellarains
09-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey Sandy,

Here's a link to the birdie bread recipe: http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/showthread.php?t=190

If your birds don't eat it right away, keep offering it to them, and act like you are eating some yourself, and make YUUUMMMMM noises like it's really good. If yours are anything like mine, they think they are always supposed to have whatever I am eating :lol

Janie
09-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Mine love it, too! Well, Oliver doesn't exactly love it but he's doing better at eating it these days! :D My dog loves it more than Shy and Big Boi.....I share a little bite with her every time I warm up a piece for them. :D

Z28Taxman
09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Hey Sandy,

Here's a link to the birdie bread recipe: http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/showthread.php?t=190

If your birds don't eat it right away, keep offering it to them, and act like you are eating some yourself, and make YUUUMMMMM noises like it's really good. If yours are anything like mine, they think they are always supposed to have whatever I am eating :lol

You're only supposed to act like you're eating it? I eat a little everytime I give it to Ditto. And he yells at me for eating his breakfast! :lol But it's so darn tasty!

bellarains
09-13-2005, 12:44 PM
LOL Dave,

I would eat mine too but I've started putting in some bird seed cause they really seem to like it that way, so I don't partake anymore :lol

Z28Taxman
09-13-2005, 12:46 PM
LOL Dave,

I would eat mine too but I've started putting in some bird seed cause they really seem to like it that way, so I don't partake anymore :lol

A little birdseed never hurt anybody.

I even tried an avi-cake once (just a little), Not bad. I wanna be a lovie in my next life. :D