PDA

View Full Version : More of a curiosity than a real question

bird-brain
11-17-2010, 10:55 PM
You all know that Kenya is a very docile and easily frightened bird. We don't handle her much because it causes her to pant and panic and pluck. We discussed it when recently she got nesty and basically kicked Cabo to the curb then ripped out all her tail feathers.

After my last trip to Virginia, I noticed that she was less frightened of me both when alone in her cage or when hanging out with Cabo. Still obviously very nervous but a little less so. after all this time should be normal progression as we build her trust.

Since we brought the boys home Sunday, she will sit still in her cage for me to change food and water and willingly steps on my hand when outside of her cage without the panting and panic attacks and she sings to the new birds through the wall. Kenya never makes a sound really! She even got on my shoulder and road around with me for part of the day today.

Both of the new babies are males but surely she can't know that yet. Just wondering if anyone has any theories on why she came so out of her shell over night. Is it possible that because of new baby lovies she no longer feels on the bottom of the totem pole?