PDA

View Full Version : OMG! BITING TOES!!!!

LoveBird
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I have been whatching Martha in our normal daily activities, and Martha has been biting at her toes, as if something is biting her. :omg: What should I do? Why is she doing this???

LauraO
09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Taylor: At first I thought maybe Martha was after your toes as that's a favorite lovie gme :).....A lot of my lovies preen and chew on their toes. I don't know if they're biting off dead skin, cleaning them, or what but they do it often. I wouldn't worry too much about Martha but you may just want to check out the area where she's biting to make sure everything looks okay.

Mummieeva
09-14-2005, 04:58 AM
My lovies do this often and they are fine. as long as not bleeding she is ok. Sometimes they seem tog et a itch there and they have to scracth it only way they can.

Steph

Janie
09-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Taylor, I agree.....just keep an eye on her to make sure you don't see any bleeding but otherwise, that is pretty normal behavior for all of my lovies.

LoveBird
09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh ok. I just didn't know why she was doing it. No bleeding or anything like that. I will keep an eye on it though. :wink:

Janie
09-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Taylor, the first month or two (or longer, :lol) that I had Oliver, I wondered and worried about every single thing he did because I didn't know what was OK and what wasn't. I asked a lot of questions here and you did the right thing by asking. Getting to know your lovies behavior (and grooming habits, :lol) is a good thing! I read in a book, The Lovebird Handbook I think, that you should spend about 15 minutes a day just watching your bird so that you'll get used to what is normal for your particular bird. I thought that was pretty good advice and it helped me learn a lot about Oliver. :)

LoveBird
09-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh yes, I have learned a lot about her by just whatching her. lol I love just whatching her. :happy:

Janie
09-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Me, too! :D It is fun and interesting to watch them!

LoveBird
09-15-2005, 02:12 PM
The first day I got Martha I was whatching her like a hawlk. She would look at me at say, " What are you looking at? Leave me alone I am in my own little space." lol :lol