PDA

View Full Version : I've missed you all! ...And a question...

Flapjack
11-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone! I've been away for a really long time. BIG changes in my life. How are you all and your little fids?

Ok- 2 questions, lol...

1) Do heated throw blankets contain any teflon or anything?

2) Who lives close to Jacksonville, FL.? I have a problem... the woman who took Nokomis (caique) moved to FL without telling me. I'm supposed to get a baby caique. She keeps telling me her female is with egg, but then she says she was mistaken, because there is never an egg. Now she has a pair of caiques up FOR TRADE!!!!!!!! She claims it's not Nokomis, but I need to be sure. Also, I have no way of knowing she really doesn't have babies from my Nokomis. Anyone want to run a little intel for me?

Hope to hear everyone has been well.
Jeni

linda040899
11-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Jeni,
Yes, it's been a while but it's good to see you back! Not sure about non-stick in heated throw blankets. Perhaps that's a question for the manufacturer????

I'm about 4 hrs southwest of Jacksonville and I may be the closest person, not sure. Did you give Nokomis to this lady or what was the deal? It was very wrong of her to take your bird out of state without your knowledge! I can see why you don't trust her. I know I sure wouldn't!

If you want, tell her you sold Nokomis and I will go to Jacksonville and get your bird back. I seriously doubt that she intends to give you a baby and I also doubt that she intends to return Nokomis or give you any compensation whatsoever. I'm game. Let me know what you need.

Flapjack
11-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Linda, you ROCK!!!!

She is a breeder. Nokomis was a major screamer, and my husband (you know about him) didn't want him in the house. She was supposed to set him up with one of her females. She's told me so many stories, about how the first female had an egg, but one of them ate it... then the female didnt like him, then he got paired with another female, who was "looking big" but no eggs came... then she decided that female was too young, so she paired him with someone else.

UGH! She was previously about 3 hrs from my house, and I thought I'd get to meet babies and choose the one who bonded to me best. Now she is in FL, taking care of her grandchildren while her son or daughter is in Afghanistan.

Anyway, Nokomis went to her last Feb. She has an ad on Avian Biotec's breeder page for an amazon and a caique pair THAT WAS SET UP IN FEB!!!!! I've been trying to check to see if she has other babies, but not sure where all she might be advertising, and she claims she has more than one pair.

In all honesty, I don't think I can have him back. I moved to a small apt., and he already had a screaming problem, and has been in an outdoor aviary for a while now. I dont think he'd be ok here. The whole idea was that i get a baby that i could raise properly from the start... not like Nokoms was. He was 4 when I got him.

I have a contract with her that states I get the first baby from ANY of her caique pairs, and when I spoke to her on the phone she said she'll pay shipping. She'd been already in FL for MONTHS before I even found out.

Linda, if you are ever free for a bit, and want to go there, saying you might be interested in one of her advertised birds, check to see if it's Nokomis, and whether she has any babies, I'd be forever grateful. I'll pay you for gas, too, if it'll help. Thank you so much!

Flapjack
11-26-2010, 11:41 PM
OMG Linda... I read your post pretty quickly. I'm so sorry... I thought it was 4 MILES outside of Jacksonville.

4 hrs is WAY too far to ask you to go.

linda040899
11-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Jeni,
I'd be willing to take a drive on, say, a Saturday, just to get out of the house! I really don't get out enough so it could be theraputic for me, too. If you PM me who she is, I'll do some checking as a potential buyer and see what I can uncover.

She might be advertising on Hoobly or Kijjii (sp??) or Craig's List if she's really desperate. She doesn't sound like a very trustworthy person to me! She's far enough away from you right now that she thinks she can do what she wants and you would never know. That's a mindset that I've never been able to understand, as I don't sleep well when my conscience isn't clear!

Flapjack
11-27-2010, 12:13 AM
pm'd you. Thank you so much, Linda. You are a wonderful fidmamma and friend to people who need help.