PDA

View Full Version : If there was any doubt...

Z28Taxman
12-23-2010, 09:00 AM
If there was any doubt that Ditto knows what my car sounds like, there isn't now.

I know Ditto knows what my car sounds like (well both of them). When his former owner lived here I was talking to her on my cell while I was driving home and as soon as my car turned the corner I could hear Ditto start going nuts, chirping and bell ringing. She said he does that everyday when I come home.

Since then He will frequently be chirping when I get out of the car.

Well today I was browsing messages on a camaro message board and clicked on a video of a 2010 Camaro and he immediatly perked up from his little snooze and started running around and chirping excitedly. Until he saw me sitting here, then he just looked confused. :rofl: Waited a bit and played a v6 camaro video to no reaction at all. Back the v8 video, chirp chirp chirp.

1000 cars can drive by the house and no reaction at all. Let a new v8 camaro or a 99 v8 camaro drive by (what both of my cars are) and he goes nuts because those sounds usually mean Daddy's home!!!:rofl:

thebubbleking
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Hes hollering to let him drive dad!!!

Z28Taxman
12-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. Fortunately without hands, he can't shift.:rofl:

michael
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Dave. Thats amazing Ditto can differentiate between your car not only by sight, but by its sound as well. ... I know its fact, because Goof used to do the same. .. Problem now, is even when I drive home in a totally different vehicle, Goof still makes a ruckus when I pull in.

Problem? .. He gets all excited no matter who pulls in! .. He loves visitors! ..Even if their the Tax man!.......:omg:.......:)

Z28Taxman
12-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, he can definately tell. Plenty of cars drive by the house all the time and he doesn't even notice.

let my car come around the corner 100 feet away (or one that sounds like it come from the computer) and he goes nuts.

guess I won't be sneaking up on any wild lovie parties. :rofl:

Enko_chan
12-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Frey and Odie can tell their Daddy's car too. How many cars pull by and into our drive, other nearby drives throughout the day?

I always know when Chris is home because they go nuts the moment they hear it!

maya_exquisite
12-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Mika used to do the same thing when I used to live with my parents. My mom would say Mika would start chirping the instant the car came into the driveway. Now, the birds go nuts when they hear us walking down the few steps to get to our townhouse... and then the noise gets louder when they hear our keys.

Z28Taxman
12-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Mika used to do the same thing when I used to live with my parents. My mom would say Mika would start chirping the instant the car came into the driveway. Now, the birds go nuts when they hear us walking down the few steps to get to our townhouse... and then the noise gets louder when they hear our keys.

Oh yeah, Ditto goes absolutely haywire when I come near the door and goes into full blown happy dance when I come in the door.:happy:

Eliza
12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
That is too sweet! Love that Ditto bird...

Chickobee
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Years ago I had a cockatiel who quickly he was my son Chris' bird, not mine. He would still go nuts and start whistling when my car turned the corner at the end of the block when I came home from work.

The kids loved it! They weren't allowed to have extra kids in the house after school so with "Watch Bird" on duty it gave them time to shoo all of the extra kids out the back door before I pulled into the driveway.

I used to think they were so good! :blush: They didn't tell me this story for years--or that bird might have had a new home!!! (Well, not really, because Chris loved him so much.)