PDA

View Full Version : Update...

Gregg
01-02-2011, 01:02 PM
The owner of the lovebird that I found in my yard has still not come foward...

The lovebird is doing quite well and has grown all of its neck feathers back... I let it out of its cage daily for a few hours and has been getting more and more attached to me and my 5 year old daughter... It is also very vocal... LOL... Chirps a lot... It is up at 7 am every day... You can set you clock to it... Never thought I would enjoy having a bird so much...

It has put on weight because it eats like a pig and like I said, it has grown all its feathers back and looks well groomed now... LOL... Took it to the vet last week just to get checked out... Fecals are clean and it is very healthy... The vet said it would have died in a couple of days with the very cold weather we have had...

Here is a pic I took today... As you can see, it looks much better than it did the day I found it...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5207/5316397933_815dcacf60_z.jpg

linda040899
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the great update, Gregg!!
If there's no owner to be found, it looks like you're going to be slave to a lovebird for quite some time to come!!! :lol He really looks good and he's very lucky to have found a loving home with you. Good deal on the vet check.

Word of caution, and many of our members will agree: Lovebirds can be like potato chips....you can't stop at one!!! Proper terminology is MBS; Multiple Bird Syndrome. :rofl:

Seriously, I'm so glad that everything is going well with your lovebird!

bookworm0550
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
aw, so what's his/her name? it's very cute and looks like a sweetheart. are you guys planning on keeping it?

Gregg
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
aw, so what's his/her name? it's very cute and looks like a sweetheart. are you guys planning on keeping it?

We plan on keeping it... That is unless its owner shows up... My daughter named it Pup Pup... I guess deep down she really wants a dog... LOL

michael
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Wowee Gregg! ... Your new found adoptee is one very pretty lovebird! ... What an amazing comeback on those feathers too :blush:. ... Your vet was certainly right about the colder conditions. .. Most parrots, whether let loose or escape, often don't do too well in colder climates. .. Not only that, but in some area's, finding food can be quite different, if not impossible.

Thanks for the update "Pup Pup"!............:)

Pips mom
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Just look at how happy this little lovie looks in that pic! You've done a wonderful job with him! This is one smart lovie.....knew just where to go to get a good home with some human slaves! :rotfl