PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird never chirps? need help!

whereswalid
01-08-2011, 01:33 AM
ok so my "brothers lovebird"( i take care of his until mine comes from the breeder next week) has bonded quite well to me... she snuggles in my hoodies and loves it when i just sit there and scratch her head but she NEVER seems to chirp.. shes soo dang quite... it hasn't been dna sexed yet but i have a feeling its a girl.. its vet appointment is on the 20th of this month.. anyway i need help to know why she wont chirp! its driving me crazy!:happy: thanx for all your help!:)

michael
01-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Can't say i've met many quiet quiet birds, none the less, I don't think their overly plentiful either. .. Least not lovebirds :lol... How old is this lovebird? .. I have, on the other hand, noticed some juveniles start off on the quiet note. ...But, i've never really spent too much time handling them beyond a day or two. ... If young (and healthy), it may be, that as this lovie matures, he/she will become a bit more inclined to communicate. ... Thats about all I can come up with. .. Maybe someone with more experience can better answer your question.

For DNA sexing, have you checked out Avianbiotech's services? ..... Glad to hear your following through on the vet exam! ...........:)

whereswalid
01-08-2011, 08:47 AM
my brothers love is 2 months weaned so around 3 months old now... she came to us not really tht handles but caught on real quick! i actually hate orange faced Latino lovebird.. id rather have a white faced but i made an exception for her <3

linda040899
01-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Other than not chirping, is she active? Does she have toys that she plays with? Do you have any pictures of her that you can share with us?

whereswalid
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
no pictures yet but ill try and upload some now... and no she dosnt play with her toys when im around her fat but just sits eats and cuddles with me when im with her... lmao i just caught her playing with her foot toys tht i keep on the cage floor! haha im so happy she didnt see me so she played with em:rofl: