PDA

View Full Version : Leashes for lovebirds?

Christina153
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I was wondering if there are any leashes out there for lovebirds. Is it a good idea?

wyliegirl
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
there is the feather tether bird harness but it is not recommended for lovebirds,parrotlets,and budgies

linda040899
01-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi and welcome to Lovebirds Plus Community! :)

Yes, there are companies that make leashes for lovebirds but I can't recommend using them. Correct me if I make an incorrect assumption here, but are you looking to take your lovebird outside and use the leash for keeping him from flying off your shoulder? In all honesty, if this is the thought, it's extremely dangerous unless you happen to live in one of the few areas of the globe where there are no predator birds. A leash will not protect your bird from a bird of prey who is looking for an easy meal and approaches at speeds as high as 100 mph. Since predator birds depend on silence and surprise when they hunt, the attack is over before you even realize it started. Predator birds even live in big cities (Perfect example are Lola and Pale male, a couple of Red Tailed Hawks who reside on the side of an exclusive high rise building just across from Central Park in NYC.).

I, personally, will not take any of my parrots outside unless they are in a proper carrier. I live in FL and there have been many a parrot plucked from the shoulder of an unsuspecting owner. It's not a lesson I want to learn first hand.

Skyrival
01-10-2011, 06:32 AM
................Deleted.....................

I deleted this once before. This time, it will not be back again.

personatus
01-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Not a very good way to promote a website, by spamming it across other sites/forums. Spam? :omg: