PDA

View Full Version : Lovebird Travel

abbyrose915
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi, would it be ok for a lovebird to travel overnight. I understand that I would need to bring a cage and carrier. But would this scare the bird or be unhealthy? Also has anyone ever tried this? How did it go? I hear that exposing birds to new environments can be good. Is this true?:confused:

Jally
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Mine go lots of places with me :) It is fine. Just make sure that there is no way for them to escape. One of the best benefits is that the lovebird bonds with the person whom they are traveling with.

thebubbleking
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I used to bring sunshine and boo with me on car rides etc but now that i have 9 birds theres just no way for me to pack them all and have room for them all and i am always trying to be as fair as i can to the whole flock, so just inside the house full flights for now.

linda040899
01-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Once they've gone on a trip, most love traveling! I would probably do a couple of test runs in advance so that he's comfortable with riding in a car and to make sure that he doesn't get car sick (some birds actually do!).

When I take mine in my car, I use a carrier that I keep in place with a seat belt. I don't have anything loose in the carrier while the vehicle is in motion, as unsecured items will become projectiles in the event of an accident. That's the reason I put a seat belt around the carrier. If my trip is more than 2 hrs, I stop every 2 hrs and let my birdie companion eat and drink while the car is not moving. Gives me a break from driving, too........