PDA

View Full Version : A new version of Birdy soup?

Z28Taxman
01-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Ditto the Chef strikes again.

He's always taken avi-cakes to his veggie bowl to use as croutons in his salad.

Well tonight he learned a new trick. I put 5 nutriberries in his bowl after he finished off the 6 I gave him earlier.

Well he wasn't satisfied with taking one avi-cake at a time up there. This time, one by one, he carried every one of those 5 nutriberries to the veggie bowl and then chewed them all to pieces. Now he just hops over there, nibbles a few bites of the mess and comes back. Every few minutes he flies back for a few more nibbles.

linda040899
01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think he's trying to tell you something, Dave!

You have all your food on one plate or in plates that are in close proximity to each other. My guess is that Ditto wants the same thing! Hey, hopping from bowl to bowl uses up energy that could otherwise be used eating all that delicious food, especially if it's in one place! :lol

Z28Taxman
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think he's trying to tell you something, Dave!

You have all your food on one plate or in plates that are in close proximity to each other. My guess is that Ditto wants the same thing! Hey, hopping from bowl to bowl uses up energy that could otherwise be used eating all that delicious food, especially if it's in one place! :lol

True, but flying from the couch to the cage for one beakfull then back again, 20 times, uses far more energy than he was getting from that little beak full of food. :rofl:

He definately wasn't lacking energy today.

Z28Taxman
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm trying an experiment. I've switched locations of his food bowls. I put the avi-cakes/nutriberries up top and the veggies on the lower spot. We'll see if he carries all the stuff down there.

So far he hasn't. I just need to make sure now that he eats the veggies. That's why I put them up top in the first place. That's prime real estate for food so it was my way of tricking him into eating them (7 years ago).

The only other problem with that is now his avi-cakes are in boming range of the water bowl. He might go back to old fashioned birdy soup now.:whistle:

Z28Taxman
01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Well the experiment didn't work out so well.

As I suspected he still took food up to the top food bowl. Only this time it was peas and he buried them under everything else. Guess he was trying to stash them away for later. :rofl:

Switched the bowls back again. It's easier to pick avi-cakes off the top of the veggies than pick bits of veggies from the bottom of the avi-cake bowl.:whistle: