PDA

View Full Version : Is this part of the mating dance?

Froslad
01-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Do lovebird like scratch their heads when doing the mating dance? xD
My bird seems to do this lots while do the regurgitating motion on my hand :P
And when i go close to his cage o3o
Is this normal? :D
Andd sometimes when he scratches his head he falls over but this is only when he sees his foot and tries to clean it or since hes on my bed and im on it and if hes beside me the ground he is standing on slants and he slips xD
Is this normal? o.o
And is it normal if a lovebird does the regurgitating motion but nothing comes out? xD
I've seen like little bits of seeds in him mouth when he does it but nothing comes out xD

Buy A Paper Doll
01-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, all normal. :)

Pips mom
01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
I actually have a video of this with Pip somewhere! this is male behavior, is your lovie a boy? because if you're not sure, then there's a good chance that he's a boy! No guarantees, they can fool you,only DNA can tell you for sure, but sure sounds like a boy to me!

Buy A Paper Doll
01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Also normal: Shuffling their feet, making a little 'clickclickclick' noise, and, uh, sometimes mine attempts to feed my toes. :)

Froslad
01-22-2011, 11:31 AM
LOL! xD
Okay :D
My lovebird likes to "try" to feed my fingers xD
Its so cute when he regurgitates ;-;
I just find it cute :D
My Lovebird kind of looks like Pip :D

Bubblelady
01-22-2011, 11:15 PM
My male lovie used to try to feed my EAR...& plenty of gooey, partially digested seed came out. I did NOT think it was cute. Usually, when I wouldn't let him put the glop in my ear or mouth, he'd just deposit it on my shoulder. EEEEEUUUUUUU!!!

Buy A Paper Doll
01-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Bubblelady, that is awesome. He loooooooooooved you. :) There was another member a while back whose lovebird used to hump her head and feed her ear as well.