PDA

View Full Version : Spinning my wheels........

bird-brain
01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, so in the middle of second guessing and worrying about illness, it has dawned on me that Cabo (the one bird I know can't stand it for long) is alone when in his cage. Nothing can be done until lab and necropsy results are in because since there is the potential that infection played a roll in Tango's death I can't even think about another mate for Cabo. Kenya and Zulu seemed a match made in heaven but while I was gone to the vets with Tango and Cabo (we were out for at least 6 hours) Kenya put a rather nasty wound on little Zulu. Now because Cabo is literally shrieking (who knew a lovie could mimic a conure), Kenya is being very abusive to Zulu when they are in the cage. I am stumped. These birds all interact but my gut tells me that if this is infection, Cabo is further along in it and changing housing arrangements makes no sense...until Kenya kills Zulu???? I thought of putting the three together then decided that is really gonna be dumb. Likely, whether I am ready or not a new bird will be brought in after we hash out cause of death and whether the others need treatment cuz I don't think the three are going to manage well. But in the interim????????????????? Oh help...............