PDA

View Full Version : Wing clip!!

Buy A Paper Doll
09-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Yep, it had to happen. With Melody's recent molt, she had grown in enough flight feathers to find herself on a window ledge 9 feet off the floor. Then, she couldn't figure out how to get down. So today, SNIP! SNIP! We started with 3 flight feathers on each side. She can still get about 12 feet before landing, but she can no longer fly UP. And boy, is she miffed! She can commiserate with Milo. He's not flying much these days, either.

butterfly1061
09-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Ooooo, Jen, I had to do the samething to my Daisy. Yep, hens really can show you their attitude, huh? :whistle:

bellarains
09-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Jennifer,

I'm sure she's got her beak out whack. She's probably thinkin "That mean 'O Mama took my wingies", but we know it's for their own good. It still gives us a twinge of guilt though :(

Janie
09-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Jennifer, what can I say.....I'm still having enormous guilt over the clip my boys got last week. Yep, sometimes it's hard being a good momma! Tell Melody I'm sorry and I'm sure she got some millet out of this, right? :D

Z28Taxman
09-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I still feel guilty about Ditto's last wing clip and that was a year and a half ago. He got clipped because I requested it before he came here for me to babysit him.

He hasn't had one since. Fortunately he doesn't really fly anywhere unless he's chasing me down, so I don't have to do it.