PDA

View Full Version : Roxy and Cisco

zalia
01-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Roxy and Cisco are doing great they have stopped trying to bite me but now they seem to be very shy and I have tried giving them spray millet by hand they will take it. I am still having trouble gaining there trust. Next week will be Cisco's visit to the vet and i am not sure how he will react. But I am hopeful that they will begin to open up more. Is there anything else i can do to gain there trust more?:happy:

linda040899
01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Earning trust just takes time and patience. Unfortunately, there are no short cuts towards the relationship you want with them. Yes, you can desensitize them to your touch (force to accept your hands near them/touching them) and I know there are websites that advocate it. You want to become part of THEIR family/flock and they have to accept you as such. Accept the fact that there are times when they are doing things (like resting) and may not want to be disturbed. There's nothing wrong with respecting them and coming back later. If anything, it will build their trust in you even more. I'm not implying that you are doing what they don't like. I'm just putting out examples.

Patience..................... And I'm also glad to hear that they are beginning to respond to you. That's a wonderful thing! :)