PDA

View Full Version : dream lovebirds!

maya_exquisite
01-31-2011, 01:53 AM
I want a pink lovebird. Hehehe. Maybe I could pluck a Rose-Breasted cockatoo and glue the feathers onto a lovie?? :rotfl

Just imagine how cute a Blue series pink lovebird would be... apricot brow, creamy bib, and pink body! Better yet to have a double dark factor one so it'd have a gray rump - pink and gray are gorgeous together!! :happy:

Come on, Linda, can you whip one up for me in your aviary??

linda040899
01-31-2011, 01:59 AM
I actually had "pink" lovebirds at one time! :lol The fortified bird seed I was feeding rubbed off on their feathering when the colored seeds got damp and the feathering took on a pinkish hue. I didn't pay any attention to what was going on until I took a few of these birds to a bird show and someone asked me how much I wanted for my "pink" birds!

maya_exquisite
01-31-2011, 02:06 AM
Hahahaha! That's pretty funny!! Mika's had some pink on him before from his calcium block... and blue on his cheeks from a wet colored wood toy before... but I want a real pink lovebird! Because there are no pink lovebirds, Medium Double Violets are a favorite of mine by default... I had one 10 years ago and would love to have one again in the future, though the bf doesn't care for it's coloration.

Glam
01-31-2011, 05:55 AM
I would love a pink lovie!

bookworm0550
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
do what evie did. get a light yellow bird like her and lots of red mineral blocks. get to bath and voila! a pink lovie!

thebubbleking
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Couldnt a lovie with red suffision be bred with an albino to produce pink?

Bubblelady
01-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Don't forget: 1 green cheek conure + 1 bathtub + 1 chili flavored cuttle bone = 1 purple conure :)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm293/bubblelady_2000/PurpleParrot0012.jpg

CompassionAk
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Couldnt a lovie with red suffision be bred with an albino to produce pink?

I'm pretty sure you can't breed into red suffusion,but hopefully Linda will be along to clarify that. A pink lovie would be pretty cute though!

Bubblelady
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Hmmm, how about standing the lovie in a dish of water w/ red food coloring? It works w/ celery & carnations :)

maya_exquisite
01-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Hahahaha!! You guys are too much!! And that "purple" conure is awesome!! :rotfl

Excuse me as I go prepare a bowl of red food colored water... oh, Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! :whistle:

personatus
01-31-2011, 07:11 PM
Red suffusion is a modification not a mutation, it won't pass on. Although theres a line of fischers out there that are labelled as red-factor, whether it's a genuine mutation or not I don't know, there was alot of them at the international show last year.