PDA

View Full Version : Nose scritches...

Gill
02-06-2011, 02:24 PM
When my two are out, im usually laying propped up by a pillow on my bed as they live in my bedroom. They spend a lot of time sat on my chest as they like to be close to my face for some reason but most of all they like to sit on my hands as i rest them near my face! So.... I have one bird sitting cosy on each hand (theyre not keen on both being on the same hand) and Sticky, lately, will without fail put his head down for a scritch so I have to give him scritches with my nose!! :omg:

He is silly! I do have to be quick though when he has had enough and bites! :rofl:

linda040899
02-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Hey, whatever works! If he's sitting on your hand, your choices are a bit limited! Clever solution........ :) Feathers smell nice, don't they!

Z28Taxman
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Ditto loves nose scritches. :happy: When he's really happy he'll even kiss my nose for scritches.

Bubblelady
02-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Feathers smell nice, don't they!

One of my favorite smells :)

michael
02-07-2011, 05:33 AM
.......and Sticky, lately, will without fail put his head down for a scritch so I have to give him scritches with my nose!! :omg:

He is silly! I do have to be quick though when he has had enough and bites! :rofl:

Talk about living on the edge of cozy! .......:rotfl

Chickobee
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Have you had a nostril bite? Those are one of the worst!!!

Yikes! You are brave!

linda040899
02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Monty, my DYH, is hormonal at the moment and he got me good on my nose the other night! He will usually give me a kiss if I ask and approach him properly. Well, next thing I knew, the bite was over and I had quite an injury on the right side of my nose. He's usually very good about kisses and I make sure I kiss the top of his upper beak but he was quicker and I never saw it coming until it was too late. :( My fault, as I know how he is from mid December through March but I took the chance anyway.

OOwl
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Yikes, Linda, I know all too well the power behind an Amazon "love bite." That must have hurt like anything. Thanks for the warning. I'll be extra careful with my Amazon (she really doesn't get crazy until a little bit later in the season).

thebubbleking
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Get with the times he was saying, all the kids have pierced noses!

Bubblelady
02-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I can rub Gussie all over my face (provided Johari is nowhere in sight) stopping now & then to kiss her beak & cheeks & the top of her head, then go back to rubbing my face w/ her face. It feels sooooooo good :) The same game would be insane if Johari were present!

linda040899
02-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Out of my 2 Amazons, Monty is the worst. Alex (BFA) has never been a biter and she's pretty even tempered all yr long. My nose is healing well, as did the lower lip of my youngest daughter that Monty pierced about 4 yrs ago. He's 13 now and isn't as bad as, say, a 7 yr old DYH male but he's still unpredictable none the less. I took him in as a previously abused bird and he's settled down considerably from what he was when he came here.

Gill
02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Have you had a nostril bite? Those are one of the worst!!!

Yikes! You are brave!

I dont think there is any part of me I havent had bitten! The other day Bobble put one of her claws right into the corner of my eye!! :omg: