PDA

View Full Version : Escapee

Irishj9
02-16-2011, 12:50 AM
so Lulubelle, our masked hen, made a dash for freedom yesterday, and this time, made it.

Usually she hops over to see JP the male when her cage is being cleaned. Yesterday she did just that, but instead of returning to her cage she flew upstairs where she found an open window.

We didn't clip her wings because we live in a wooded area in Cape Town, South Africa. Even if she could not gain height, she would still get away.

So now our African lovebird is free in Africa!. That's what she always wanted ...she made THAT clear often enough. Hope she makes the best of it.

In the meantime we are leaving JP outside in his cage to see if his calls will attract her, and her cage is there as well.

Fingers crossed......

bbslovie
02-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Oh no, that is so sad! I hope she finds her way back to you! Please keep us posted.

Barb

gizmodium
02-16-2011, 02:14 AM
how sad i hope she finds her way home please keep us posted

linda040899
02-16-2011, 03:46 AM
A captive raised lovebird in the wild is never a good thing, even though it may appear that's what she wanted. She's not used to hiding from predators and there's no readily available supply of recognizable food. It's my guess that she's pretty scared right about now and would do almost anything to come home. Please keep looking for her.

michael
02-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Hopefully she hasn't wandered too far, and is still able to somehow recognize her immediate surroundings. .. Often, many lost companions will remain withing a one mile distance for a day or two. .. Being a captive bird, they will usually become scared and hungry in a relatively short time. ... These first couple days provide the best chances for reuniting, especially with the help of those who may live nearby. ... Prayers for Lulubelle.

Enko_chan
02-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Oh no! I hope she finds her way home! Positive thoughts for you and Lulubelle!

Pips mom
02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
At the very least, at least she's in her normal habitat and it's warm enough out! I hope you are able to lure her back. My first thought is what if there are other lovebirds there living outside in the wild?? because those could lure her as well. Best wishes to you on getting her safely home.

kadee
02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Praying that your precious lovebird, Lulubelle, will find her way back home!!!

thebubbleking
02-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Wishing the best outcome for you and your flock!

personatus
02-16-2011, 08:00 PM
At the very least, at least she's in her normal habitat and it's warm enough out! I hope you are able to lure her back. My first thought is what if there are other lovebirds there living outside in the wild?? because those could lure her as well. Best wishes to you on getting her safely home.

Not quite, still about 5000km to her normal habitat, fair bit oif flying that is! lol :rofl:

bird-brain
02-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Yikes! Thinking lots of good thoughts for you and your flock!