PDA

View Full Version : Ummm.... Is it normal for a lovebirds feet to be very warm? o.o

Froslad
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
My lovebirds feet got really warm after i played with him today
He seems fine though :/
But his feet are really warm
Is this okay? :o

linda040899
02-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes, warm feet in parrots is a good thing. When they like something or are enjoying what's going on, their feet can become very warm. It's an emotional thing. :)

gizmodium
02-19-2011, 01:31 AM
yes warm feet is a good thing little gizmo always has little warm blue feet she loves them to be stroked.

Jally
02-19-2011, 08:58 AM
*sigh* The same breeder who told me that the fischers she gave me was a sterile hybrid, also told me that warm feet meant a fever. Blah! I guess I truly can not believe anything she said...

Oh, and the other day, when I took my babies in for grooming, she asked me if I handfed them. When I said no, she replied with the comment that they'd never make good pets and that they'd only be good enough for breeding. :(

But, when I asked if we could DNA them (I don't like clipping nails, and especially don't like intentionally making one bleed), she told me that there'd be no point since they are hybrids, therefore sterile... Grrrrrr!!!!!

Anyway, glad to know that warm feet does NOT mean a fever! LOL

linda040899
02-19-2011, 09:05 AM
~shakes head sadly~
Oh my goodness! Talk about a live wealth of misinformation!!! That's all right. You've learned the truth............ :)

diljaa
02-19-2011, 04:15 PM
That breeder sounds dodgy to say the least!
I love Dreki's warm little footsies, they change temperature so fast, one second they're cold and the next really really warm.

HaleBoppPeachyluv
02-20-2011, 12:31 AM
hahahah.. Sunnybird's feet get very warm when she's "in the mood" lol. Usualy this means getting gacked upon until she's returned to her cage & humpy toy.