View Full Version : How to get lovebird to not sleep on the cuttlebone? :/

Froslad
02-20-2011, 08:59 PM
He sleeps on it everyday and it gets all poopy and gross ;-;
So i have to change it like every week x_X
How do i get him to sleep somewhere else? D:

kimsbirds
02-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Hang it from the top of the cage? (ceiling)

Froslad
02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
How does he scratch his beak on it then? ;-;

HaleBoppPeachyluv
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
maybe you should offer 2 cuttlebones. That way he can sleep on one & chew the other.

linda040899
02-20-2011, 11:32 PM
maybe you should offer 2 cuttlebones. That way he can sleep on one & chew the other.
That would work.... :) The other possibility is to put a perch next to the cuttle bone and see if he will use it. You may have to get one of those perches that bolt to the side of the cage.

Enko_chan
02-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Odinn has taken to humping his cuttle bone and then perching on it as well. My lovies have some strange androgynous things going on.

Two males... Frey acts like a hen, tucks, makes nests,and recently has started to hump Odinn, which just really threw us...

and the other who humps EVERYTHING except his mate, tucks (but poorly, at least Frey is good at it) ... very confused birds but they seem happy with the arrangement most of the time and they feed each other while they get on with this funky arrangement...

but I have had an issue with a gross cuttlebone as well... so I break some up into their food and give them chopped up dehydrated (non-sulphured) figs which are also a good source of calcium.