PDA

View Full Version : Board Maintenance Tonight!

p3rr4n
03-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Board Maintenance Tonight!

The forums will be going down tonight at approximately 10:45 pm EST for upgrade maintenance. This is a very big upgrade for our community and it will change our look just a little bit. Please be patient once the community reopens and we see what kind (if any) of problems need addressing.

We are not sure how long this upgrade will take. During the upgrade cycle you wont be able to do much. You will be redirected to a maintenance notification page while the upgrade is being performed. Typically it is less than a couple of hours. Please feel free to check back as often as you wish.

Best Case Scenario: Only an hour or two of downtime.

Worst Case Scenario: Between 10:45pm EST and 6:00 am EST

You may notice some changes after the upgrade and might loose some functionality for a short time. I will start a post after the upgrade for you to voice any concerns you might have just in case there are any problems. We don't foresee anything going wrong and we just like to be sure.

Regardless, you all are very important to the community and we will do all we can to make this as seamless and smooth a transition as possible.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

If you should have need of help during the downtime, Linda's email address will appear on the maintenance page you see while we are doing the upgrade :)

Buy A Paper Doll
03-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Perran. Upgrades are expensive. Need any $$$?

linda040899
03-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Donations are always appreciated and graciously accepted! This one required a new license, as we're going from version 3.8.x to version 4.x.x

p3rr4n
03-06-2011, 04:33 AM
The upgrades have been completed and it went relatively smoothly :)

There have been a lot of changes made with the new software and some of the settings have changed.

I created a new forum in case you guys/gals run into any problems :)

The new forum is located under "Introduce Yourself" & "Birthdays, Hatchdays and Events" and is called "FORUM UPGRADE: Squawks, Problems, Complaints & Comments" and you can get to it by clicking here:

http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/community/forumdisplay.php?85-FORUM-UPGRADE-Squawks-Problems-Complaints-amp-Comments

Please let us know what you think :)

linda040899
03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Perran,
I want to thank you for your help this morning with sorting out the results of the upgrade! It had to be done, as there were no other options. Now it's just a matter of tweaking what we have. The change was major but I think we will enjoy it once everything is sorted out.

For those using the Inverse skin, we are working on updating the coding so that it will work again!

maya_exquisite
03-06-2011, 01:46 PM
I like how we can view "New Posts" now! Much more convenient!! :)

linda040899
03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
There are still a few issues to be resolved but the installation went very well and I'm pleased. :)