PDA

View Full Version : i have a question

romie12321
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
i have giving Lilly more sleep time and she still will not come out the cage. could it be that i clipped her wings and that is why she will not come out. for when i look back that was the last time she came out.:confused: could she just be mad at me:omg: and do not want to come out? i hope she gets over it soon for i like her to come out. are should i just grabe her and take her out are will that be bad to do? o just want her to be happy.

Pips mom
03-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I'd just let her come out when she's ready. Leave the door open and let her decide, and don't worry......whatever her reasons are, she'll be coming back out in no time, just be patient and don't worry, ok?

romie12321
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd just let her come out when she's ready. Leave the door open and let her decide, and don't worry......whatever her reasons are, she'll be coming back out in no time, just be patient and don't worry, ok?

she used to come out all the time until i clipped her can she think that she can not fly for she still can glide. i try not to worry:(. thanks for the help

linda040899
03-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Could be that Lilly is unsure of herself because of the wing clip. Give her time to adjust to the change and you should see her coming back out within no time at all. Lovebirds are naturally curious and that will get the better of her!

Birds have wings for flight but when living in captive situations, safety becomes a huge issue! I have a very nice article on wing clipping stuck to the top of this forum. It's a nice compromise between clipping and keeping our birds safe. I'm also going to post the link here.

http://www.onafricanwings.com/clipping.htm
Very interesting reading!

romie12321
03-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Could be that Lilly is unsure of herself because of the wing clip. Give her time to adjust to the change and you should see her coming back out within no time at all. Lovebirds are naturally curious and that will get the better of her!

Birds have wings for flight but when living in captive situations, safety becomes a huge issue! I have a very nice article on wing clipping stuck to the top of this forum. It's a nice compromise between clipping and keeping our birds safe. I'm also going to post the link here.

http://www.onafricanwings.com/clipping.htm
Very interesting reading!
that was a very good read. i give her more time to get used to it. this might be the last time i clip her for she just not her self.