PDA

View Full Version : 3 males together??

peteandtilly
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
piggy and ernie the brothers share a cage since taking away from mom and dad.......
tweety(m) and kiwi(f) brother and sister have shared a cage since taking away from their mom and dad (different parents)
now that all the dna test are done, i dont think tweety and kiwi should be together in case they mate (right?)
i separated tweety and kiwi, I put tweety the male in a smaller cage by himself.(they seem so sad being apart :(
i was thinking about putting all the boys in the same cage, that would mean putting tweety in a cage that ernie and pig already share,,,, i have been reading that it should not be an odd number, if so this would not work,
iam not sure what to do????? suggestions please

ps:tilly is still doing ok, she is in the cage with her mate pete and she is still eating, pooping and flying around ....

linda040899
03-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Choice would be yours but if you leave Tweety and Kiwi together, you would have to hard boil any eggs produces or replace them with fake eggs to ensure that there are no offspring. If Pete and Tilly happen to have eggs at the same time you could take one of their fertile eggs and foster it to Tweety and Kiwi (if that's what you wanted to do), but brother/sister should not be allowed to breed unless there's a very good reason for doing so.

This is a hard situation it's probably going to take trial and error to find out what works best.

thebubbleking
03-28-2011, 04:36 PM
i just housed 3 males together so far so good what i did to ensure peace is a get a very large cage, seperate (3) food and water bowls as well as 3 sleep huts, also i put them all at the same time and the cage was brand new noone was in there from the begining.